Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342998 times)

0 Members and 196 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7875 on: July 15, 2010, 03:28:49 pm »

It's just another part of the international Communist Capitalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

First fluoridation, now this.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7876 on: July 15, 2010, 04:08:01 pm »

I am disappointed that my "this is not a real job offer, it's a fucked up scam" meter wasn't going off a little stronger on this one.

Finally went through the google search results for this company until I found a thing that was actually about them.

Man, I need to learn to trust my creeped-out feeling.

Or, I guess it isn't really a scam, just a trick. They say they're offering you this great job, and then you end up selling perfume door to door. fuck that noise.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 04:21:17 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7877 on: July 15, 2010, 11:51:50 pm »

eat at a sandwich place I love, etc. YEAH.

What's the name of the place, just out of curiosity?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7878 on: July 16, 2010, 09:04:32 am »

Hannah's Bretzel. So good. Best sandwich I have ever eaten.

Right now I am trying to sleep on the couch at my girlfriend's parents' house. Too many friends here. Very crowded. Worried her one friend who is not that into music and won tickets is going to be a party pooper. It has happened before.
I thought waking up at 9 after 4 hrs of sleep  would make me fall asleep early, but I did not anticipate waking up 2 hours later. Oops.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7879 on: July 16, 2010, 09:18:48 am »

Worried her one friend who is not that into music and won tickets is going to be a party pooper. It has happened before.

I'm intrigued.
Logged
ACHIEVE

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7880 on: July 16, 2010, 11:36:48 am »

...feel an earthquake! Whoo hoo!

Actually, I wanted to do that once in life, but once is definitely enough.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7881 on: July 16, 2010, 01:05:00 pm »

No fun story. She just doesn't like doing fun things.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7882 on: July 16, 2010, 01:48:57 pm »

...feel an earthquake! Whoo hoo!

Actually, I wanted to do that once in life, but once is definitely enough.

I slept through it. From what I've heard anybody who's ever lived in Ashburn and claims it freaked them out is a dirty liar. When I lived there at least twice a week a plane would come in so low we'd say they were "dropping in for coffee" and from all accounts this earthquake felt exactly like that.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7883 on: July 16, 2010, 01:58:30 pm »

Yeah, but what's really freaky is to feel that when there is NO PLANE.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7884 on: July 16, 2010, 02:24:31 pm »

I think we discussed this before, but I would really like to feel an earthquake.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7885 on: July 16, 2010, 07:25:15 pm »

Earthquakes are basically overrated and they are for a very basic, very important reason.

There are two kinds of earthquakes.

"Oh, that was all? That was nothing, that's funny." AND "Holy fuck, all the shit in my house is destroyed and here comes FEMA."

I've felt a dozen earthquakes and they were all so mild they were comical.

I definitely think that for it to no longer be comical, it would have to be strong enough to be tragic and that wouldn't be cool at all.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7886 on: July 16, 2010, 09:13:12 pm »

All I can say is... I think all natural disasters are kind of like this.

23 years in northern New York State and reactions to blizzards are exactly the same. "Holy fuck, I can't get out of my house" or "Pfft, that was nothing, you should'a seen ten years ago." No in-betweens.

7 years in southern California and that was more or less the same reaction to wildfires and earthquakes. There ain't no in-betweens in human reaction.

I think this is a problem with our species more than a problem with the natural cycles of Earth. Humans are huge on under or overreacting.

Though tornadoes, I dunno. I've only been through two tornadoes but they both pretty well fucked stuff up in a terrifying way.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7887 on: July 16, 2010, 09:48:28 pm »

Natural disasters I've been close to:

  • Tornado (lots)
  • Earthquake (5+)
  • Hurricane (4)
  • Wildfire (2)
  • Blizzard (1)

I've been lucky enough to have most of them just result in lost food due to power outage.  Mostly what I've learned, though, is that it's how prepared you are/your region is that makes the difference.  Tornadoes in the southeast are recovered from quickly - they do heavy damage but in a limited area, so the infrastructure's there to rebuild.  That blizzard in the southeast?  2 weeks of paralysis.

Overall I'm going to say that hurricanes suck the most.  They last a long time, do damage via wind AND water, and damage so widely that it takes vast amounts of materiel coming from far away to fix it.

Today I'm be back at work, which several people can no longer say here.  That sucks, too.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7888 on: July 16, 2010, 10:53:05 pm »

Pictures of the earthquake devastation.
http://famousdc.com/2010/07/16/dc-earthquake/
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7889 on: July 17, 2010, 02:51:47 am »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 878   Go Up