Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Ray Smuckles pours one out for Tiger's '09 Escalade. "Shit didn't have to be that way, Tiger. You coulda' taken the damn Buick."

Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1344183 times)

0 Members and 197 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8040 on: August 13, 2010, 08:35:05 pm »

Quote
NOT fuck*ng THAT. I am disappoint.

Yeah, don draper would probably like, be a worthless piece of shit, instead of drinking scotch with chocolate milk.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8041 on: August 13, 2010, 10:56:46 pm »

Back in my drinking days I would mix bourbon and chocolate silk.  Same idea (? Never really had scotch) and it was fuck*ng delicious.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8042 on: August 14, 2010, 03:46:37 am »

Today I'm going to decide whether to spend my third year training at the tiny podunk little town that's next to the beach or the slightly larger podunk little town that all my friends are going to.
It's tougher than I expected.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8043 on: August 16, 2010, 05:15:29 pm »

when i called at&t this morning, the dude who handled my biz sounded like an adult version of this kid:



(by the way, does anyone know where that accent comes from?)
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8044 on: August 16, 2010, 05:26:10 pm »

that accent comes from the bizzare mind of genndy tartakovsky, reaching for eastern europe
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8045 on: August 16, 2010, 07:35:34 pm »

it kind of worries me how disorganized my place of work seems.

but yeah, finally starting tomorrow. This should have happened so long ago.

girl is back in town, helped her move in, my sister sent a "Dictionary for Yankees" for me for my birthday, only mostly embarrassed myself in front of the girlfriend's parents.

I really, really need to find an apartment in like... the next 6 or 7 days.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8046 on: August 20, 2010, 01:24:20 pm »

. . . Play this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTOTzsCqLHI
As I leave my old job. For them. Not me.


NEW JOB MONDAY MOTHERFUCKERS.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8047 on: August 20, 2010, 05:19:38 pm »

Had to tell our potential 3rd roommate that we are no longer interested in living with her.

Knowing her, I was anticipating... yelling. Anger. Arguing.

Instead she just got really quiet and sad. it was hard to take. But she has job interviews in Chicago all next week... which is not a thing you do when you're about to sign a year-long lease in Saint Louis. She basically said "oh we should just put off finding a place until I hear back from these jobs." Which will not work when I have to be out of my current place by the end of next week.


Found a really, really awesome place. Turning in the application on monday. So cheap, small but in a way that is definitely big enough for 2 people, in a nice area, awesome.

I will feel really sad (even though I did what I had to do) if this girl doesn't get any of the jobs in chicago, and pays too much to live alone and work at the same place as me.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8048 on: August 20, 2010, 09:21:26 pm »

What neighborhood is it in Inev?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8049 on: August 21, 2010, 01:14:23 am »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8050 on: August 21, 2010, 03:44:35 am »

aug-- right on the boundary between Compton Hill and Tower Grove East. I think it is probably part of Compton Hill considering I am renting from a company with Compton Hill in the name.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8051 on: August 21, 2010, 03:47:19 am »

Mere blocks from my in-laws.  Nice neighborhood.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8052 on: August 21, 2010, 06:05:53 pm »

somehow, 8 hours is the perfect amount of time to spend someplace such that when I realize it is time to go again, I think "BUT I WAS JUST THERE!"

I think I have realized my goal for my next job: a job where I get to sit down sometimes.

...but seriously folks, I am glad I found a job.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8053 on: August 22, 2010, 05:13:24 am »

OK, I am faxing the application to get this apartment to my roommate, so he can fill it out and fax it back, so that I can turn it in first thing monday morning.

they are doing a credit check on us that seems way too complicated.

especially considering what they told us the minimum requirements are. It is like, you cannot have more than 1 collection agency after you, you can't have been evicted, you have to have a job that pays at least x times your share of the rent.


I am worried that this will take too long to go through, and I will be without a place to live for a few days. Ummm.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8054 on: August 22, 2010, 05:44:04 am »

I am worried that this will take too long to go through, and I will be without a place to live for a few days. Ummm.

You got a car, right?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 878   Go Up