Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342793 times)

0 Members and 184 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8100 on: September 04, 2010, 11:26:25 pm »

Until the last year I had never really bought anything for my self since high school.  Every penny I had went to smokes, smokes, coke and booze.

Man, I would have liked to have had a friend like you, all spending all your money on smokes smoke, coke and booze for your buddies!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8101 on: September 05, 2010, 12:42:46 am »

My iPhone is one of my favorite things, but I am probably going to get rid of it. Slowly dying, has been dropped too much lately... It will be replaced by a normal cellphone, and I will return to the world of being bored/lost a lot. Also, carrying too many things around.

All of my coworkers have iPhones. Weird.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8102 on: September 05, 2010, 06:07:41 pm »

I have one of these and a data plan. That means I can load music & audiobooks onto it, but I never do because I also have an 4th gen iPod. I use it for texting and social networking -- it has a qwerty keyboard when you flip it open -- and sometimes games. And it has a GPS app that is better than most stand-alone GPS units I've encountered.

Nice middle ground between a "just a phone" phone and a true smartphone. IMHO, YMMV.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8103 on: September 05, 2010, 06:19:38 pm »

I just want to get something that will allow me to read the New Yorker archives on the airplane. As cheaply as possible.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8104 on: September 05, 2010, 06:35:20 pm »

...a monocle?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8105 on: September 05, 2010, 06:58:37 pm »

Nice.

Seriously, though - I recently discovered that my subscription provides me with free, unfettered access to their archives back to issue one in 1925. This is something I would really enjoy getting at on the plane. Would the right way to do this be the iPad? It seems like it'd be a pain in the ass on an iPhone. Also, I don't know if I'd have to pay extra to get it offline. That's probably the hitch in the giddy-up.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8106 on: September 05, 2010, 11:48:27 pm »

Actually reading stuff on the iphone is pretty nice.

Hi Nabu!
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8107 on: September 06, 2010, 02:02:46 am »

Hey Keith!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8108 on: September 06, 2010, 02:36:39 am »

I don't give a shit about having an Iphone, a Droid or any of that other shit.  I wouldn't mind having some sort of e-reader, but I'm not into paying retail for every damn book I read, so I guess if I did I'd be burning up the Gutenberg Project.  And the New Yorker archives, which I think they also sell on DVD for about 40 bucks, FWIW.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8109 on: September 07, 2010, 08:21:47 am »

Today my country is gonna get a government.
So that's alright.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8110 on: September 07, 2010, 11:12:26 am »

<------------
That is the opposite of alright.

Today my country is gonna get a government.
So that's alright.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8111 on: September 07, 2010, 11:20:39 am »

Well, it's worked out so far.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8112 on: September 07, 2010, 02:43:54 pm »

I don't give a shit about having an Iphone, a Droid or any of that other shit.  I wouldn't mind having some sort of e-reader, but I'm not into paying retail for every damn book I read, so I guess if I did I'd be burning up the Gutenberg Project.  And the New Yorker archives, which I think they also sell on DVD for about 40 bucks, FWIW.

I remember they had it on a hard drive for the longest time for like $100, which I always wanted to pull the trigger on, but I figure I already have free access to them, it's just a matter of figuring out how to get it in front of my eyeballs on the plane. Although I usually just get the movie player and watch some piece of shit such as "Date Night".
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8113 on: September 07, 2010, 09:17:35 pm »

Today my country is gonna get a government.
So that's alright.

<------------
That is the opposite of alright.


So is your name really Anarcho-capitalist, but everyone, including my browser, has been misspelling it?
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8114 on: September 09, 2010, 06:51:15 pm »

....break out my blue S.A.D. light as it seems like we're going to string together some overcast September days. Maybe Onstad is in a funk from moving to more cloudy climes. Not that the Bay area is like Phoenix, or anything.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 878   Go Up