Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1343310 times)

0 Members and 185 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8115 on: September 14, 2010, 03:55:26 am »

lately:
1. multiple girls have been attacked/followed/attempted-raped/raped in my girlfriend's neighborhood. Lately I am having travis bickle style fantasies.
2. i got an evaluation at work that says I'm not friendly enough
3. one of my co-workers who is a little socially awkward has decided that I "need to find a job where I can use my degree," and has been giving me suggestions. Apparently a former coworker left to work at the city library, and so now he keeps reminding me to apply. The library is currently having budget problems to the point that they closed the central branch.
4. another coworker is my age and has a BA in film. I do not know how to befriend girls without it seeming like I am trying to make out with them. Maybe I can just blurt out "HEY I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND" as I walk by one day.
5. the other day I went to a show by Adrian Orange in my friend's weird crazy loft-studio-apartment thing. Unfortunately, adrian orange got so high that he could not perform. He just played fragments of interesting guitar parts, and murmured. His back-up singer stood perfectly still, looking at the floor, and occasionally repeated words that he said. I thought it was funny, but other people found it more "pathetic."
6. I saw Wavves, and guess what, they were immature douchebags. Also it was kind of a boring show. My GF and her roommate had a great time, and were so close that my gal ended up actually sitting on the stage.
It was kind of an awkward thing afterwards when they were talking about it, and it came up how every guy kept asking if my girlfriend was OK, while ignoring her roommate. It must be pretty rough to be the roommate who is not the cutest thing ever to walk the earth.
I tried to get up to where they were, but I was being crushed so much that I couldn't enjoy it. I was drenched in other dudes' sweat.

lately my fixation is the fact that fancy office-working dudes in Saint Louis do not realize that button-down collars are not for suits.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 03:59:35 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8116 on: September 14, 2010, 11:12:10 am »


lately my fixation is the fact that fancy office-working dudes in Saint Louis do not realize that button-down collars are not for suits.
Man you caught on fast. The problem is that button down collars are basically the only thing you can buy in discount stores. I'm serious, 90% of the shirts out there have these button down collars and it drives me insane.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8117 on: September 14, 2010, 12:54:14 pm »

Man you caught on fast. The problem is that button down collars are basically the only thing you can buy in discount stores. I'm serious, 90% of the shirts out there have these button down collars and it drives me insane.

What are you two, the dang fashion cops?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8118 on: September 14, 2010, 01:51:14 pm »

Counselor's got a lot on his mind, yo. Can't be worrying about keeping those dang ol' collars in check when there is JUSTICE to dispense.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8119 on: September 14, 2010, 02:03:14 pm »

Damn skippy.  Ain't got time for no collar stays.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8120 on: September 14, 2010, 03:03:23 pm »

Collar stays are awesome.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8121 on: September 14, 2010, 04:14:45 pm »

Collar stays are awesome.

Apparently, today I'm gonna wonder what kinky use Nabu has for collar stays for a moment, then realize that no, he probably just doesn't like button-downs.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8122 on: September 14, 2010, 05:21:15 pm »

Collar stays are awesome.

You guys are so punk rock.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8123 on: September 14, 2010, 07:36:11 pm »

I had to wiki "collar stay" to find out what it was.

That's how metal I am, I guess.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8124 on: September 14, 2010, 07:52:43 pm »

My current shirt could use some collar stays.  One side is shriveled up next to my neck like a dried up leaf.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8125 on: September 14, 2010, 08:54:37 pm »

Oops - until the advised google search I didn't know that collar stays were a perminant thing - my husband noticed his shirt for our wedding had them, I thought they were part of the packaging, and advised him to throw them out.  Oh well - he only wore the shirt that one time and hasn't since.  The collar was prefect in all photos regardless. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8126 on: September 15, 2010, 02:04:52 am »

Mos!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8127 on: September 15, 2010, 03:16:54 am »

Realize that when I went to SPX I had a camera with me but forget to get pictures with anybody there. Dammit.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8128 on: September 15, 2010, 12:31:08 pm »

Realize that I kind of forgot to go to SPX.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8129 on: September 15, 2010, 01:10:11 pm »

Realize that I don't know what SPX is.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 878   Go Up