Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood If Twain were alive today, he would guffaw despite his benevolent befuddlement.

Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347647 times)

0 Members and 168 Guests are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8175 on: September 22, 2010, 10:04:18 pm »

Quote from: *****_god
Grandma GROBAR

If Grobar were an actual word instead of an acronym, that alternate song might be fun.

About how your gramma is such as a cavewoman or a viking and how she is still kicking ass.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8176 on: September 23, 2010, 02:15:39 am »

today, as if to mock me, the store muzak (not technically muzak) shuffled in some new songs. It was really strange.

Mostly because they played a Replacements song. It made me think I was hallucinating.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8177 on: September 23, 2010, 07:43:08 am »

That is the one Christmas song I like. I have a soft spot for "songs that tell a basic story and I only listen to like once a year." See also: Poe - Hey Pretty and King Missal - Detachable c*ck.


No love for Alice's Restaurant?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8178 on: September 23, 2010, 07:52:29 am »

"Alice's Restaurant" is to burn-out music the way "Titanic" is to movies:

Even if you happen to love it, you can't deny it is exhaustingly overlong.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8179 on: September 23, 2010, 08:10:40 am »

15 minutes a year.  Thanksgiving Day at high noon.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8180 on: September 23, 2010, 08:46:53 am »

Alice's Restaurant is awesome. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8181 on: September 23, 2010, 08:58:10 am »

Finally we agree on music Paul!  How do you feel about Coming Into Los Angelees?  Morocycle Song?  Hobo's Lullaby is actually a pretty great album.

I have seen him live about 6 times thanks to growing up in the state his dad grew up in, that happened to have a festival for his dad.  He never played Alice's Restaurant cause it was "about his dad, not him," but he did play Los Angelees every time.  Some say it's lame he has to change words to make them rhyme so often, I say that's the charm.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 09:10:52 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8182 on: September 23, 2010, 12:39:23 pm »

Alice's Restaurant is great, but it's a Thanksgiving song, not a Christmas song.  Duh.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8183 on: September 23, 2010, 01:02:43 pm »

"santa baby" GDIAF

Oh good lord yes.  Especially Madonna's version, where she sings like Betty Boop.  Clearly someone in her entourage should have said "Honestly, Madge, that's just annoying as hell," but no one had the sack to stand up to the lady.

Also, "All I Want For Christmas is My Two Front Teeth."  Anyone who ever liked that song is now dead, so you can stop playing it.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8184 on: September 23, 2010, 01:25:43 pm »


No love for Alice's Restaurant?

I heard part of that song once. My 2nd-year college roommate had a habit of putting 3 hours of music on his Winamp playlist, listening for 5 minutes, then leaving. Typically with something horrid like Metallica. Once I woke up to find him doing this with this weird story-song thing and I was all "what the hell is this and why is it waking me up?" He couldn't believe I'd never heard it before. And it just. Kept. Going. It made me want to stab him in the neck.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8185 on: September 23, 2010, 02:58:35 pm »

I haven't heard 'My two front teeth' since I sung it in primary school so  I retain a wistful appreciation of it.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8186 on: September 23, 2010, 03:38:43 pm »

im having my first sinus troubles of the year.  everyone stay away for a few days, unless youre bringing me soup.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8187 on: September 23, 2010, 06:19:33 pm »

I got wood today.

Delivered. Half a cord.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8188 on: September 24, 2010, 03:20:26 pm »

feel stupid because i dont know:

"how can using the fibonacci sequence help with creating and sizing characters?"

way to make me feel stupid, mr andersen.........
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 03:31:40 pm by greenkoolayd »
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8189 on: September 24, 2010, 08:47:56 pm »

Notice that Bobby Isosceles' account is deleted. Heh.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 878   Go Up