Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1343088 times)

0 Members and 193 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8340 on: October 15, 2010, 06:12:11 pm »

sometimes one might need to just step away from the screen because if they look at it for one more minute, theyre going to put their fist through it.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8341 on: October 16, 2010, 02:07:51 am »

Install a toilet.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8342 on: October 16, 2010, 02:32:58 am »

Install a toilet.

Nooooooooooooooooo!

Quote from: Wombat
You will have plenty of time later in your life to replace toilets. At your age you are just supposed to pee in them and then go out and live life.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8343 on: October 16, 2010, 03:06:47 am »

Shit happens.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8344 on: October 17, 2010, 01:04:18 am »

hope that OSU gets beat. Hope that Oregon gets penalized for not playing this week (like BSU regularly does). Watch BSU beat up on SJSU. Hope the rumors and predictions are true and BSU will be ranked, for the first time ever, #1 in the BCS tomorrow.

Also figure it won't happen.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8345 on: October 17, 2010, 02:03:11 am »

Well, now we just wait.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8346 on: October 17, 2010, 03:21:49 am »

today:
-two coworkers shared stories of driving to work drunk/working drunk/drinking at work
-an insane/confused/drunk man and I had a really long, confusing interaction, at the end of which he offered me a box-cutter. "look, I want you to have this. You probably have to open a lot of boxes." He stood at my register, without any groceries to buy, mad at me because I didn't know the answer to "what do I have to do now?"
-a co-worker said "so, you're saying Charlotte doesn't have enough hipsters?" when I tried to explain why I like Saint Louis better than Charlotte.
I don't know if that was really a fair analysis of my reasons, but maybe I am fooling myself.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8347 on: October 17, 2010, 03:32:35 am »

Quote from: theinevitable
but maybe I am fooling myself.

*Nodding*
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8348 on: October 17, 2010, 04:00:33 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8349 on: October 17, 2010, 04:03:52 pm »

Seriously dude, I thought you knew what the 2 liter Mt. Dew bottles were re-purposed all about for.

Plus, my office includes a bathroom w/ toilet. No more sharing with the proles is a big time perk. It was worth the piles of crushed hopes and dreams I had to pick axe my way up to it.
This actually was my office toilet. I got involved because it was the fastest way to get a toilet in action. If the assignment of toilet installation was handed off to an hourly employee it would take like a day to happen, whereas if I do it I understand I have better things to do with my time and make the toilet happen - from removal and disposal to area cleanup - in 10 minutes flat.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8350 on: October 18, 2010, 04:40:08 am »

I thought about it more, and actually the reason I don't like Charlotte is that all of my experiences there have been:
-living with my parents
-not having any close friends
-being bored
-wanting to leave Charlotte
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8351 on: October 18, 2010, 05:19:56 am »

You did not enjoy living with your parents BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT HIPSTERS.

You did not have any close friends BECAUSE YOU ONLY WANNA HANG OUT WITH HIPSTERS.

You were bored BECAUSE THERE WERE NO HIPSTERS.

You wanted to leave Charlotte BECAUSE YOU COULD HEAR THE HIPSTERS CALLING, LIKE A HOBO TO THE RAILS.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8352 on: October 18, 2010, 06:23:40 am »

C'mon Ash, that was clearly just good natured ribbing on sMets part. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8353 on: October 18, 2010, 06:58:37 am »

Quote from: pmcd9
C'mon Ash, that was clearly just good natured ribbing on sMets part.

Full-on.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8354 on: October 18, 2010, 12:50:38 pm »

Now it's inev's turn to give you that treatment in reference to running to LA and being a pop culture enamoured d-bag.

...stick around folks, I'll be around for hours. Apparently letting your kid go without a nap until he drops results in him sleeping for four hours in the evening and getting punished by putting in a late late night with him.

Who knew?

*raises hand*
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 878   Go Up