Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347774 times)

0 Members and 186 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8625 on: November 24, 2010, 01:23:30 am »


I'm sure if you were watching me from a distance I look like some kind of...freak but what I do is constantly talk to them in a low voice...That way...there's no surprises, because surprises is mostly what leads to bad behaviours...I will tell you this, when you have a little experience and things go odd your brain can process an awful lot of shit at max priority


Parts of this sound an awful lot like dealing with a kid who has got the autism. I guess Temple Grandin knows her stuff.

Ash, I am constantly in awe of your animal husbandry skills. Seriously, you just rock the equine world so fuck*ng hard.

And I don't think my mom lurks this board, at least I really, really hope she doesn't, on account of all the f-bombs I drop here.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8626 on: November 24, 2010, 02:04:27 am »

the part of my mind that stopped maturing after 6th grade always snickers at the term [animal] husbandry.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8627 on: November 24, 2010, 09:02:48 am »

Maybe I oughtta let off trying to prove something to myself.

So long as you keep posting in the mean time I ain't complaining.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8628 on: November 25, 2010, 05:47:36 am »

today, I feel like I hacked the sandwich menu at my store.
I realized that the prices are for a "half"/"whole" sandwich relative to the size of the bread. So a "whole" roast beef sub is like a normal sub size for 6$, but a half Cubano is way more meat/cheese/bread for 4$. This is because the bread they use for the Cubano is this giant roll, almost the size of an entire loaf of standard bread.

also sometimes people will say "can I get the roast beef and pepperjack, but on the french bread?" and get crazy huge sandwiches for low prices.

nuts.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8629 on: November 25, 2010, 03:52:36 pm »

So the story here is that inev realized the bill of materials for a sandwich is built into the price of a sandwich. The process by which he arrived at this conclusion is "hacking". Some of us would just call it intuition or common sense. I love you inev, but sometimes man...
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8630 on: November 25, 2010, 10:34:48 pm »

no, no, that is the opposite of what I am saying.

the price is the same for a "half" sandwich whether the bread used is this big or this big.
half a cuban sandwich is the size of a whole roast beef sandwich, but they are the same price. the price reflects only whether it is half a roll/bread-unit or a whole one, not how large the sandwich actually is/how much filling there is.

fuck it, I'm taking pictures with my phone next time I'm on my lunch break.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 11:37:41 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8631 on: November 26, 2010, 07:00:54 am »

omijee let's don't let this turn into a thing let's just have a happy thanksgiving come on
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8632 on: November 26, 2010, 04:00:25 pm »

thanksgiving is over.  happy first day of buck season to everyone!
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8633 on: November 26, 2010, 04:54:58 pm »

Yeah thanksgiving is over, I'm done being thankful (/s). Now its time to kill deer and spend exorbitant amounts of money on gifts for other people.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8634 on: November 26, 2010, 05:41:12 pm »

in trying to find a place to take my brother and sister out to lunch, I am remembering how much I didn't like Charlotte when I was in high school.

even the places that aren't chains feel like chains. What gives?

I wish my family liked fried chicken. Price's Chicken Coop is like the one exception.

also my bum siblings won't get out of bed to go to lunch with their big brother.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 05:48:18 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8635 on: November 26, 2010, 05:54:27 pm »

...wake up to find a thousand hits to my blog since last night, and be disappointed to find they all came from a link to a photo posted on a website in Hungary which, the Google tells me, is the European country with the lowest percentage of English speakers. So much for that influx of new readers, I guess.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8636 on: November 26, 2010, 05:59:03 pm »

...wake up to find a thousand hits to my blog since last night, and be disappointed to find they all came from a link to a photo posted on a website in Hungary which, the Google tells me, is the European country with the lowest percentage of English speakers. So much for that influx of new readers, I guess.
I'm part Hungarian. My family made their money investing in making Hungary a viable economic entity. They're second world, but they're up and coming.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8637 on: November 26, 2010, 06:44:58 pm »

And as such I am sure they will have better things to do with their money than buy my book.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8638 on: November 26, 2010, 06:56:15 pm »

And as such I am sure they will have better things to do with their money than buy my book.
I dont know or care what your book is about, ill buy 3 copies.
[edit: I care on a personal level what is your are doing]
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8639 on: November 26, 2010, 06:59:04 pm »

A-Cap is my kind of capitalist.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 878   Go Up