You guys are hilarious.
He did give me a "Christmas bonus" to the tune of a full week's pay, so I really can't complain. All around, he's a good client to have -- he pays promptly and thinks I'm a genius, win-win.
It's interesting, he's quite orthodox, so I have to finish my work for him on Fridays before sundown...he was explaining this to me on the phone and I think he was quite shocked that I went, "oh, of course, because of the Sabbath. No problem." (I guess he figured a Southerner wouldn't know the first thing about Judaism, and I guess outside the larger cities that's probably true.) The only time it was a bit of a trick was when he emailed me the products at 3 PM on Christmas Eve, just as I was heading out to church, and needed them by 4:15 (sundown in NYC).
I managed to throw something together in 30 minutes and still make it to service on time, and he was understanding and gracious about it, but it's the first time our different religious beliefs have come into direct conflict with regards to getting the job done.