Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347740 times)

0 Members and 188 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8820 on: December 29, 2010, 05:51:29 pm »

A fee!

Today I'm gonna try and do my job in spite of the fact practically everyone I work with is on vacation until Jan 5th.  Lots of sending emails and voice-mails off into the abyss.  I don't like being unproductive.  There was a time in my life where I like getting paid to do little or nothing, but that time is in the past.  At least I have an actual, work related meeting with someone over lunch at this rad, working class lunch counter.  If I can be productive and eat a clubhouse sandwich at the same time, it is truly a sign that things are awesome.

For some reason I find it really weird that the US and Canada picked totally different holidays this year. Though I'm still not sure why people up there will be off next Tuesday...
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8821 on: December 29, 2010, 06:20:12 pm »

They had to add flights up here because so many planes were coming up half empty and going back full so people could have the holidays off. That coupled with the extreme temperatures means those of us who are actually here have dick-all to do.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8822 on: December 29, 2010, 09:51:22 pm »

For some reason I find it really weird that the US and Canada picked totally different holidays this year. Though I'm still not sure why people up there will be off next Tuesday...

Did you get Thursday the 23rd and Friday the 24th off instead?  Locally, gov workers like me had a half day on Friday the 24th, then Christmas was Saturday and Boxing Day was Sunday, so we had stat holidays on the 27th and 28th to make up for those falling on the weekend.

I'm not sure why most people are off on Tuesday - I'm not.  I work a half day on New Year's Eve and have Monday off to make up for New Year's being on a Saturday.  I'm thinking some people are taking personal time off for Tuesday.  Not sure what's up with that.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8823 on: December 30, 2010, 12:03:55 am »

You get two days off!!!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8824 on: December 30, 2010, 12:41:31 am »

We got the 23d and 24th off, then we get 30th and 31st off.  Also I took today off for a 5 day weekend!  Hooray!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8825 on: December 30, 2010, 02:54:06 am »

You get two days off!!!
 

You bet.  Technically I get two and a half days off, as Boxing Day is a statutory holiday in Canada, and we work a half day on Christmas Eve but get paid for a full day.  Then I get another day and a half off for New Year's Eve and Day. 

I actually ended up working pretty hard today after all.  A lot of people ended up coming in late, so instead of leaving early like I hoped, I had a slack morning and worked down to the minute for the end of day.  It was sort of like a warped Monday feeling.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8826 on: December 30, 2010, 03:34:07 am »

All I got to say is, I'ma 2 hours into a five day weekend and already lit up like the Christmas tree. Let's see how long I can maintain this, because waking up with the gin already in me would be just fine.

Y'all have a good-damn-time, y'hear!

you arent lit up enough because you didnt use a term of endearment towards anyone and you used proper spelling/grammar/etc.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8827 on: December 30, 2010, 04:08:43 am »

Yeah, you gotta spell the words with the letters nearby on the keyboard. Then you're getting somewhere.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8828 on: December 30, 2010, 05:05:47 am »

paging judy to asherwoods, judy to asherwoods. a man is waiting with a car and placard that reads judy.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8829 on: December 30, 2010, 06:24:31 am »

useless fact:

The female bedbug has no sexual opening. To get around this dilemma, the male uses his curved c*ck to drill a pu$$y into the female.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8830 on: December 30, 2010, 06:48:46 am »

Well, I mean, if you needed to artificially inseminate a bedbug, that could be useful.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8831 on: December 30, 2010, 02:12:54 pm »

Did you get Thursday the 23rd and Friday the 24th off instead?  Locally, gov workers like me had a half day on Friday the 24th, then Christmas was Saturday and Boxing Day was Sunday, so we had stat holidays on the 27th and 28th to make up for those falling on the weekend.

I'm not sure why most people are off on Tuesday - I'm not.  I work a half day on New Year's Eve and have Monday off to make up for New Year's being on a Saturday.  I'm thinking some people are taking personal time off for Tuesday.  Not sure what's up with that.

"Stat holiday" is my current favorite Canadian expression. Narrowly beating out "grade x"
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8832 on: December 30, 2010, 02:35:21 pm »

Why don't we get Boxing Day off?

Seriously, we need more official holidays. I can understand that it would cause a great political commotion to take advantage of all the multitudinous cultures in the US that have holidays we could use. But what would be more old-school English traditional than Boxing Day?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8833 on: December 30, 2010, 02:45:33 pm »

yesterday, a maintenance guy finally came to fix some things in my apartment. he called but my phone was off. my best friend has just gotten in the night before, so there was drinking and late-night movie watching.

so basically I answered the door half-dressed, and my friend was in only his weird tight boxers, and we both seemed confused. it was 1 PM. my apartment has no furniture in it, but lots of piles of crap, including car tires, multiple keyboards (musical, not computer), amps, books, records, etc. my friend was in a sleeping bag in the middle of the floor. Then I felt stupid when I realized I could have fixed some of the things he had to fix, and said "oh, gosh, sorry, I could do that, you don't need to do that."

This added up to him being freaked out and apologizing for coming at "a bad time." He said "oh, man, I can tell you want me to get out of here. I'm really sorry. I'll scram, sorry, sorry." I was trying to explain that that was not what was going on, but he was not having it. He left some of his tools behind.

The funny part, for me, was when he asked to see "the south bedroom" and we went in there, to find another weird room full of crap. mostly empty cardboard boxes.

I would love to have a lot more days off work than I have. No one can explain to me when I start accumulating paid days off, so I guess I need to find my union manual thing.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8834 on: December 30, 2010, 02:51:14 pm »

Jay-Ell is likely to enjoy that story, I think.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 878   Go Up