Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: 1 ... 593 594 [595] 596 597 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349720 times)

0 Members and 150 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8910 on: January 07, 2011, 08:44:19 am »

Not saying it applies to any particular party but I read this thread and then read this comic. Seemed apt.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8911 on: January 07, 2011, 04:44:45 pm »

I'm not surprised you have trouble differentiating those concepts.

Today I'm going to hope the weather holds off on getting tremendously shitty so I may go home and get my bone on. Sorry, went there.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8912 on: January 07, 2011, 05:22:40 pm »

I do think it depends on the person. I think some folks might always be served by making the distinction. I will say that, in practice, I probably have situations in which the distinction is very blurry and that isn't a problem for me.

Thanks for the well wishes. I can use them. I mentioned here that I was sick last time home. One week+ of my two weeks off spent in pain and in bed sweating (in a bad way). That kind of shit pisses me right the fuck off.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8913 on: January 07, 2011, 05:41:59 pm »

Doc's last two posts in this thread are so good that I would give him a thousand cans if I hadn't already.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8914 on: January 07, 2011, 08:49:46 pm »

FUCK THIS WEEK.  GOOD fuck*ng RIDDANCE.
That is all.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8915 on: January 07, 2011, 11:22:30 pm »

Also let's just assume I also gave Doc a thousand cans for reminding me of that comic.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8916 on: January 08, 2011, 09:38:39 am »

friends keep thinking that maybe it hasn't occurred to me that the sudden dumping could be related to cheating/a new man. do they really think they are helping by bringing that suggestion up? Every one of them has acted like maybe they are the only one who has said it.

Jaws is really good. I really liked that movie.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8917 on: January 08, 2011, 02:36:01 pm »

...clear a half inch of snow from the sidewalk between my house and the corner because my neighbors apparently think that a good thing to do with a light snow is leave it on the sidewalk until it is tramped down and then melts and refreezes. We have a proper ice rink around the corner now so I really don't need a sidewalk I can skate on, thanks.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8918 on: January 08, 2011, 03:15:17 pm »

friends keep thinking that maybe it hasn't occurred to me that the sudden dumping could be related to cheating/a new man. do they really think they are helping by bringing that suggestion up? Every one of them has acted like maybe they are the only one who has said it.

Jaws is really good. I really liked that movie.

Wow, that didn't even occur to me.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8919 on: January 08, 2011, 08:11:39 pm »

friends keep thinking that maybe it hasn't occurred to me that the sudden dumping could be related to cheating/a new man. do they really think they are helping by bringing that suggestion up? Every one of them has acted like maybe they are the only one who has said it.

Jaws is really good. I really liked that movie.

Everybody was telling me that when my first and I split up. Hey, guys, thanks for nothing and get fucked!

I am home today! Yay!

I watched a movie on the plane last night - The Rocket Man. Typical heart-warming film from the fifties. Kid gets a "ray-gun" that compels people to tell the truth. Bad guy gets his comeuppance. Kindly old woman saves the orphanage.

Screenplay by Lenny Bruce.

Yeah, I don't know what to make of that, either.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8920 on: January 08, 2011, 09:12:16 pm »

So last night I'm finishing up at work and I get convinced to join the card game that happens every Friday in the conference room.  It was almost 3 when I remembered I still had something to do that relied on a long automatic process that I'd forgotten to start earlier.

I left at 6 AM, racing the sun home.  I still think the fun was worth it, but man does right now suck.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8921 on: January 10, 2011, 02:01:06 am »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8922 on: January 10, 2011, 02:07:25 am »

Dead man in mortuary impregnates woman

Quote from: Dead Serious News
Copyright © 2011 · All Rights Reserved Powered by Bovine Excrement
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8923 on: January 10, 2011, 03:57:26 am »

Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8924 on: January 10, 2011, 06:04:59 am »

shit is really hitting the fan at work. They keep inventing bogus rules about tiny things (what color undershirt you have to wear with your uniform, etc) while failing to punish people for things like... ignoring customers because they are texting.
suddenly everyone is talking about how BS everything is, and today one of my good work-friends got called into the office for half an hour. He didn't tell us what happened, but it was something related to one of the petty new rules, and he says he thought they were going to fire him.

barf.

Specifically, they are making new rules that apply only to cashiers (there are already a lot of these). It is like they don't realize that everyone is already trying to transfer to other departments.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 593 594 [595] 596 597 ... 878   Go Up