Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: 1 ... 598 599 [600] 601 602 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349720 times)

0 Members and 150 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8985 on: January 18, 2011, 03:46:33 pm »

Must be nice to be a cop in a place where there is so little crime that you can take the time to notice the dates on people's tags.

Fuck crime, there's a budget shortfall.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8986 on: January 18, 2011, 04:00:11 pm »

He was behind me at a red light. They always run the tags on the car in front of them.

I've been nailed this way before, at the exact same intersection -- if you recall, I had a little issue with my "check engine" light last year that delayed my getting an inspection for several months. That dude let me off with a warning, though, because I had documentation that I'd taken the car in for inspection on time but had failed.

I was hoping I'd get a warning today, but no dice.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8987 on: January 18, 2011, 05:07:50 pm »

make sure you take care of it fast. My dad/brother got tickets for this two days in a row.

the second cop was a jackass who cussed my brother out and told him to shut up when he tried to explain that they had just gotten a ticket for this the day before (the first officer told my dad to keep the ticket in the glove-box in case they got pulled over again in the next few days).

on the other hand: my friend drove around STL for over a year with expired tags, and no one noticed. Including him.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8988 on: January 18, 2011, 05:10:06 pm »

...find that clearing the layer of ice encasing my car is a good anger management strategy.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8989 on: January 18, 2011, 08:52:08 pm »

Yesterday, I got home from work, and due to the staggering cold, the locks on our house, both front and back had seized up completly.  They were so iced over the key couldn't even go in the lock.  So there I was, after a long day, standing out in the -30 C cold with a hair dryer on an extension cord, unthawing my lock for half an hour. 

After a comfy night's sleeping under our wonderful electric blanket, we awoke to realize, once the blanket no longer covered us, that our furnance had died during the night.  It was -34 C this morning, not counting the windchill.  14 C inside the house and dropping.  $400 later the furnace is fixed. 

I called my sister this morning, and she told me her partner lost his job on Monday and she had an anxiety attack today. 

I left for work, and discovered the locks were seized up again.  Thankfully my husband had taken the day off for the furnace repair situation, so he's now at home waiting on a locksmith.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8990 on: January 18, 2011, 09:03:06 pm »

or idk move south
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8991 on: January 18, 2011, 09:08:03 pm »

ohhh shiiiiit
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8992 on: January 18, 2011, 09:09:07 pm »

Quote
He assumes he was held in place by the same mysterious forces that keep so many Winnipeggers from leaving: Maybe it's even had something to do with the first-nations legend referred to in the film, about magnetic underground rivers that meet below the Red and the Assiniboine - the forks beneath the forks. "I'd like to think it's some kind of parapsychically powerful location," he says. "Since Winnipeg has the harshest climate of any city over 100,000, and nobody's leaving, there must be a pretty powerful attraction keeping us here." Or, he offers, maybe it's just laziness and a lack of imagination.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8993 on: January 18, 2011, 11:23:33 pm »

Quote
He assumes he was held in place by the same mysterious forces that keep so many Winnipeggers from leaving: Maybe it's even had something to do with the first-nations legend referred to in the film, about magnetic underground rivers that meet below the Red and the Assiniboine - the forks beneath the forks. "I'd like to think it's some kind of parapsychically powerful location," he says. "Since Winnipeg has the harshest climate of any city over 100,000, and nobody's leaving, there must be a pretty powerful attraction keeping us here." Or, he offers, maybe it's just laziness and a lack of imagination.

It's the Slurpees.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8994 on: January 19, 2011, 04:20:41 pm »

Hosted the carpet guy yesterday to get a bid for re-installing the carpet that the chuckleheads put in before they fixed the water issue.

Today: shower door guy for the custom shower that we got two years ago, that the door doesn't work anymore.

Tomorrow: back to work! Hoorah!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8995 on: January 19, 2011, 08:15:50 pm »

JorgeFabregas,

My ancestors lived at the Forks going back to the early 1600's, so that's pretty accurate. 

I probably am a force of nature.  Ash is probably right about that.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8996 on: January 20, 2011, 07:10:15 am »

...come down with a cold that'll probably keep me out of our team celebration party Friday, too.

In the "people with bigger problems than me" vein, though, anyone have advice for a friend who's recovering from a pretty severely broken/dislocated shoulder?  He had a full dislocation and four fractures.  The best I know of is alternating heat and cold to help the tissue damage and swelling.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8997 on: January 20, 2011, 01:35:14 pm »


I probably am a force of nature.  Ash is probably right about that.

Yes, this totally explains a lot.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8998 on: January 21, 2011, 03:02:59 am »

... learn that South Carolina and Queensland are sister-states.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8999 on: January 21, 2011, 11:39:34 pm »

Both states limit beer to 3.2% ABV. Coincidence?
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 598 599 [600] 601 602 ... 878   Go Up