Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347571 times)

0 Members and 174 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9225 on: February 23, 2011, 01:59:03 pm »

Today I'm gonna have a few hours to myself for the first time in a week. Yay!

So I'm going to clean the bedroom. When we were cleaning up for the two-birthday-party weekend, we shoved everything we didn't have time to deal with into our room, and it looks like an episode of Hoarders in there now. The rest of the house is spotless, but our room is full of secret shame.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9226 on: February 23, 2011, 03:56:12 pm »

our room is full of secret shame.

And not the good kind, like you want.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9227 on: February 23, 2011, 07:43:59 pm »

Dan, don't eat things that look like puke, and check your foodstuffs for similarity to puke before tucking in.

I just watched the "Tundra" episode of "The Mighty Boosh" last night.  Howard Moon needs this advice.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9228 on: February 24, 2011, 01:36:11 am »

meat + pan = dinner

I am not good at cooking
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9229 on: February 24, 2011, 05:16:36 am »

I just watched the "Tundra" episode of "The Mighty Boosh" last night.  Howard Moon needs this advice.

I love that show like my own children.

I also have a pretty powerful crush on Vince Noir.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9230 on: February 24, 2011, 02:31:11 pm »

I love that show like my own children.

I also have a pretty powerful crush on Vince Noir.

Whenever I show people The IT Crowd I always make them watch The Party episode of The Mighty Boosh first.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9231 on: February 24, 2011, 02:39:58 pm »

I stil haven't watched the IT Crowd, and it weighs heavily on my mind. I'm only cheating myself. Have you seen Nathan Barley? We just started watching that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9232 on: February 24, 2011, 04:01:37 pm »

flu: day 3
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9233 on: February 24, 2011, 04:10:17 pm »

Supposedly we're going to have an epic, once every couple decades storm up here starting today. It got fairly bad yesterday, but they're thinking 50+ mph winds and 30 below ambient with six inches of snow (rare for us - it usually snows elsewhere and gets blown here). This may be a thing where you can walk up a drift onto the top of the building. Fun!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9234 on: February 24, 2011, 08:48:53 pm »

I stil haven't watched the IT Crowd, and it weighs heavily on my mind. I'm only cheating myself. Have you seen Nathan Barley? We just started watching that.

I haven't heard of that one.

IT Crowd is especially good for Mighty Boosh fans because of how different the characters are for the actors that are in both.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9235 on: February 24, 2011, 08:54:41 pm »

Today I'm gonna drop everything and run to the eye doctor because I suddenly notice a bunch of new floaters in my eyes, and the Internet says that if this happens you should see a doctor now, not later.

So most of the day is gone and now I am sitting around hardly able to do anything because I have big pupils like an owl and can't see. And of course the doctor said he didn't see anything wrong with my eyes.

As far as I can tell, the moral to this story is that exercise is bad for you. I decided to get off my ass and go ice skating since the outdoor rink closes in two weeks. That's when I noticed the problem. The other thing the internet says is that floaters are more noticable against a white background. Like, say, a big sheet of ice, on a bright but overcast day where the sky is also a big sheet of white.

So if I had stayed home sitting on my butt, none of this would have happened.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9236 on: February 24, 2011, 09:06:27 pm »

I get floaters in that situation - fortunately working in the blinding arctic it doesn't come up much.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9237 on: February 24, 2011, 09:37:13 pm »

...learn that a group of mice is called a "mischief."

I knew about crashes of rhinos, murders of crows, et cetera, but the penis one was new to me. The things you learn from children's television.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9238 on: February 24, 2011, 09:48:19 pm »

...learn that a group of mice is called a "mischief."

I knew about crashes of rhinos, murders of crows, et cetera, but the c*ck one was new to me. The things you learn from children's television.

I sincerely hope that was a filter gone awry
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9239 on: February 24, 2011, 09:57:56 pm »

Cascading filters! Check the Large Hadron Collider!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 878   Go Up