Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Pages: 1 ... 619 620 [621] 622 623 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1344010 times)

0 Members and 181 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9300 on: March 13, 2011, 12:35:57 am »

... receive word that my friend was last seen in Sendai and has not been heard from since. I'm going to roll with the theory that he just doesnt have power or cell reception.

Hope you're right.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9301 on: March 13, 2011, 01:50:09 am »

He's okay!
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9302 on: March 13, 2011, 01:52:12 am »

That is a very plausible theory. Good luck.

Today I'm gonna buy an HD TV. Either I'm doing my part to keep the economy going, or I figure that if I'm going to watch the world end it might as well look pretty.
Do you have a blu ray player? Theres some blu ray movies that hit the uncanny valley on a good tv. I know a guy who had to move his tv away from his window because his brain was having trouble adjusting to what was real and what was on the tv.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9303 on: March 13, 2011, 02:09:13 am »

Wombat, we got an HDTV and a PVR in November, and it has been so good.  So good.  We've got a regular TV on the second floor, and watching it now is painful.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9304 on: March 13, 2011, 02:14:48 am »

He's okay!

Glad to hear one bit of good news in all this.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9305 on: March 13, 2011, 02:17:49 am »

Do you have a blu ray player? Theres some blu ray movies that hit the uncanny valley on a good tv. I know a guy who had to move his tv away from his window because his brain was having trouble adjusting to what was real and what was on the tv.

We don't have a blu ray. Maybe we have to get one later, I don't know. Really, I was only convinced we needed a new tv because I was tired of not being able to read the beginning and ends of the subtitles on Japanese tv since they went to wide screen format.

So far some of it looks normal but nicer, but some is weird. Some parts of a wildlife show I was watching on National Geographic looked almost like computer animation instead of real animals.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9306 on: March 13, 2011, 02:30:33 am »

to connect two threads, I had a lot of trouble watching Mad Men on my friend's HDTV. It looked... too real? Weird and fake?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9307 on: March 13, 2011, 06:23:44 pm »

...take our baby daughter home from the hospital!
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9308 on: March 13, 2011, 06:39:00 pm »

That's awesome Jorge- congrats.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9309 on: March 13, 2011, 07:18:12 pm »

...take our baby daughter home from the hospital!

mad props
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9310 on: March 13, 2011, 08:23:32 pm »

That's fantastic news Jorge!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9311 on: March 13, 2011, 10:51:35 pm »

so when do I get to meet the baby?

Awesome, man, congrats. Babies are awesome.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9312 on: March 13, 2011, 11:14:14 pm »

I always think of Strong Bad saying "Jorge Fabregas" with an overly pronounced accent, so the baby clearly needs a similar name.

Margarita Fabregas?

Whatever it may be, congrats!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9313 on: March 14, 2011, 12:27:58 am »

Excellent!  Kudos and Congratulations!!!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9314 on: March 14, 2011, 12:49:56 am »

Many happy returns! May she sleep through the night by six weeks of age!

We had a couple of new arrivals at our house today, too -- though nothing so exciting as a baby girl.

We got an over-the-range microwave and a super-incredibly-quiet Bosch dishwasher. The former will free up some prime countertop real estate, and the latter -- hopefully -- will allow us to wash dishes even when our son is home and awake without him having a meltdown.

Still, not as exciting as a new person. Happy happies, Jorge.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 619 620 [621] 622 623 ... 878   Go Up