Awesome AC. Shit be good on this fine day.
Today I'm gonna appreciate the internet on a whole new level as I get live updates from her husband as one of my best friends has valve replacement surgery. Four hours of surgery and she's done and her surgeon says she's doing well. The valve is working (opening and closing) and her heart is already shrinking, as it doesn't have to work as hard. We're un-god parents to her kids, so I'm glad she's doing good for her sake and for her kids and husband's sake too.
If anyone wants to know more about the Canadian medical system, I should note that she was sent to a surgeon two provinces over who is a specialist in her rare heart defect, that she is unemployed due to her health, didn't pay a penny for this and didn't fill out a scrap of paperwork of any kind. I should also note that she had to postpone her surgery for a couple of weeks due to a chest cold, and that was not problem for the doctors to work around.