Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: 1 ... 631 632 [633] 634 635 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348085 times)

0 Members and 194 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9480 on: April 11, 2011, 01:22:25 am »

Principals? Elementary school principal had a last name starting with an F, maybe.

Teachers: Wulkowicz, Kroon, Kroon, Crandall, Stephens, can't remember 6th grade.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9481 on: April 11, 2011, 02:34:11 am »

Elementary principal, Carol Matthews. She'd been a teacher, and my brother had her for fifth grade.

Teachers were Munzer (kindergarten), Boggs, one I can't remember, Bancer, Dargart, and Coleman. The one I can't remember, second grade, was actually one of my favorites, but all I can remember was her maiden name, Zimmerman, because she told us that when she was in school, her teachers always did everything alphabetically, so she was always last. So she would sometimes start at the end of the alphabet, sometimes go alphabetically by first name, sometimes she'd start in the middle and go to Z, then back around to A. It apparently had an impact on me.

Also, she'd rummage around in the cloak room and pretend to eat stuff out of our lunches. Then she'd blame it on "the pink elephant" that "haunted" our classroom. I wrote a story about the Pink Elephant going on a diet for a writing project (in my story, she lost a lot of weight but ultimately decided it wasn't worth the effort and went back to eating normally and was happy again). I still have the book.

Odd that I can't remember her name; I remember so much else about that year. I only vaguely remember third and fifth grade; fourth is significant because I thought Mrs. Dargart hated me; when my parents told her that at a parent-teacher conference, she was shocked and dismayed, and mom says she cried. (I didn't know this until a few years ago.)

I'm pretty sure all of them are retired now, but AFAIK, none have died.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9482 on: April 11, 2011, 02:44:09 am »

One of my favorite teachers died when I was in high school. I had taken his class sophmore year and was scheduled to have him again during senior year. He died in the summer following my junior year. Late 30s or early 40s, wife, young daughter. Sad deal. A really inspired and dedicated teacher.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9483 on: April 11, 2011, 02:47:55 am »

I had two elementary school principals. Both of them were also my mom's bosses. My K-3 principal is also my godfather and my mom worked for him for 18 years. Then we moved to VA so my principal here (the one that died) I had for 4-5 but my mom taught under her for the past 22 years.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9484 on: April 11, 2011, 02:58:01 am »

Principals:  Mary Debow, Clyde Lyle, Don't Remember (6th grade year only),  Margaret Hohman, Bob Baker
Teachers:  Mrs. Warren, Mrs. Lile, Miss Mays, Mrs. Briarton, Mrs. Norfleet, Mrs. Anderson.  Then in Jr. High it was just homeroom teachers: Mrs. True, Mrs. True, Mrs. Williams.  My high school was so small they just took attendance in our first period class.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9485 on: April 11, 2011, 03:48:51 am »

I blocked out most of elementary school.

I did... not enjoy elementary school. At all.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9486 on: April 11, 2011, 03:49:23 am »

Mrs. Kroon taught both my second and third grade classes and I had a tremendous crush on her. One day she gave me a ride home in a little convertible she had. You can't do that any more, I'm sure. I think she taught both years because she couldn't get enough of me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9487 on: April 11, 2011, 04:46:24 am »

Most of my school memories are pretty vague.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9488 on: April 11, 2011, 07:57:28 am »

I remember what all my principles looked like but can't remember any of their names except Mr. Fredrickson, who once took 50 bucks off me and acted like he wasn't going to give it back. I think he was trying to teach me something about not waving large bills around but I was like 12 at the time so mainly I was just confused about whether an authority figure might be robbing me.

Teachers: Blank first grade, Mrs. Max second grade, Mrs Butterfly (I don't think I'm making that up?) third grade, blank 4th grade, Mr. Ainsley 5th grade, Mrs Macnamara 6th and 7th, Mrs Butler 8th (I think), Mr. Nash 9th, Blank, blank and smoking hot Miss Cameron in 12th.

Most memorable was Mr. Nash, an ex christian brother, married to an ex nun who had multiple degrees in theology, was a great studies of religion teacher, a fairly boring science teacher and told us that if we ever wanted to drink metho to be sure to drain it through a stocking covered in boot polish. He died about two years after I graduated, it was a testament to the dude how many people who did not like school at all showed up.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9489 on: April 11, 2011, 01:45:25 pm »

Most memorable was Mr. Nash, an ex christian brother, married to an ex nun who had multiple degrees in theology, was a great studies of religion teacher, a fairly boring science teacher and told us that if we ever wanted to drink metho to be sure to drain it through a stocking covered in boot polish. He died about two years after I graduated, it was a testament to the dude how many people who did not like school at all showed up.

Man, my school sucked - they didn't teach me anything useful like that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9490 on: April 12, 2011, 01:20:15 am »

Today I'm gonna be chatting with a client via Google Talk, and use the abbreviation "g2g." Then he's gonna say, "g2g??"

Then I'm going to realize that maybe that's an outdated expression, and remember that he's only 19, and I'm gonna explain, "Oh, that means Got To Go -- we used to use it on IRC."

And then he's gonna say, "IRC??"

*facepalm*
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9491 on: April 12, 2011, 01:39:42 am »

modern chat lingo is basically the same as it ever was.  that dude is dense.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9492 on: April 12, 2011, 01:53:55 am »

Yeah, but people that age don't chat. They flash their dicks on Chatroulette.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9493 on: April 12, 2011, 02:02:18 am »

Yeah, but people that age don't chat. They flash their dicks on Chatroulette.

That place is mostly D2D.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9494 on: April 12, 2011, 02:03:18 am »

that dude is dense.

This is also true.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 631 632 [633] 634 635 ... 878   Go Up