Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348191 times)

0 Members and 200 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9540 on: April 19, 2011, 06:05:02 pm »

HEYO!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9541 on: April 19, 2011, 09:58:15 pm »

Still rocking the new job. Thus far: not as brutally stressful, and more sleep is available. Negative: Waking up more in the middler of the night.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9542 on: April 20, 2011, 02:02:52 am »

...have to go undo the settings override Facebook applied so that everything sends me email. you might should check your own settings if'n you don't like your inbox all cluttered with what you'd see anyway.

 %%%%%%%%%★
The More You Know
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9543 on: April 20, 2011, 02:21:18 am »

Yeah, WTF was that about?

I am more and more sure that Facebook is a big psychological experiment about how much they can piss people off before they stop using it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9544 on: April 20, 2011, 03:49:04 am »

I have a friend here who is a software developer, putting together apps for Facebook for companies.

He is continually surprised that Facebook isn't down more often than it is.   From the sounds of it, they're kind of a joke, development-wise.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9545 on: April 20, 2011, 11:42:01 am »

try not to roll my eyes every time some assclown talks about celebrating "420".
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9546 on: April 20, 2011, 12:50:05 pm »

Facebook isn't completely down that often, but there are almost always little things not working correctly, so really, it's hard to tell which changes are due to evil and which are due to incompetence. I find it perfectly plausible that this email updates thing was a screwup and not deliberate. Unless of course I'm right that it's all a deliberate mind game.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9547 on: April 20, 2011, 02:13:03 pm »

I'm just pissed because I just checked my email settings YESTERDAY MORNING, because I got added as an admin to one of my clients' pages, and of course it defaulted to emailing me for that site all the time. So I went in and fixed my settings, and checked to make sure the ones on my personal account hadn't been changed, and then, less than 12 hours later, I started getting emails for my personal account again and had to go uncheck all 50 or so opt-out boxes. Fuck you, Facebook, for resetting my preferences, and fuck you in the EAR for not having an "uncheck all" box. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9548 on: April 20, 2011, 05:03:31 pm »

I, on the other hand, rely on the emails to track my comments and postings.  Meanwhile Facebook decided that it wouldn't email me if I only "liked" something.  Sometimes I want to track a post even if I have nothing to say on the matter.  Facebook has taken that away.  I could probably go to the settings and check or uncheck a box somewhere, but I'm too apathetic to care about it.

There's another issue that I am having with Facebook these days.  If I watch a video (Facebook allows fullscreen now, btw) and then later click on a picture it starts to play the video again.  That's what it does on my desktop computer.  On my laptop, if I click on a picture, when I click away from it it scrolls my news feed all the way back to the top.

I'm grateful in a way, because it usually makes me go 'fuck it' and go do something productive instead.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9549 on: April 20, 2011, 05:57:28 pm »

I, on the other hand, rely on the emails to track my comments and postings.  Meanwhile Facebook decided that it wouldn't email me if I only "liked" something.  Sometimes I want to track a post even if I have nothing to say on the matter.  Facebook has taken that away.  I could probably go to the settings and check or uncheck a box somewhere, but I'm too apathetic to care about it.

This has been bugging me, too. For a while clicking Like acting like "subscribing" to an item. Do they still do the thing where if you comment on something they notify you of the next 4 or 5 responses then assume you've lost interest? Why does FB want to default to only showing me certain things? It constantly makes me reclick "most recent" every day. Why can't they understand that I want to see everything from everybody in chronological order? Show me everything I haven't specifically blocked (like games and horoscopes and crap).
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9550 on: April 20, 2011, 06:22:18 pm »

the only thing that pisses me off about Facebook is that I am having a stupid problem, and their own FAQ says that the only way to get it fixed is to contact them, and I spent a ridiculous amount of time figuring out how to contact them, and it still isn't fixed.

then they sent me a survey about how my facebook customer-service experience has been, and I answered every question with a pissed-off rant... still not fixed.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9551 on: April 20, 2011, 08:03:14 pm »

I get a lot of use out of FB's friend list tool (y'all are TOUAMB, no surprise), but I wish they had a way to use the lists to filter out posts.  I like some of the games on there, and I want the posts that other game players put into my newsfeed - but I'd like to be able to specifically remove them when I want a view of what all my non-gaming friends are up to.  Yes, I have told FB this.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9552 on: April 20, 2011, 08:26:34 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9553 on: April 20, 2011, 08:51:50 pm »

ash maybe you need to read my facebook how-to again, it's still good advice if i may say
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9554 on: April 20, 2011, 08:56:58 pm »

So far FB has resulted in me pissing off my mother, father, both brothers, sis-in-law and a couple of cousins.

Gawd, I love facebook!

al gore be praised!
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 878   Go Up