Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: 1 ... 645 646 [647] 648 649 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349490 times)

0 Members and 161 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9690 on: May 04, 2011, 10:24:14 pm »

My plan is to sell it to the cheezeburger guys for a hefty sum and retire.

I need to get in on the ground floor of this. I'm willing to put up three dollars and a receipt for some tampons.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9691 on: May 04, 2011, 11:47:29 pm »

And wash it down with a whole pack of cigarettes in one sitting.

I had an ex-boyfriend who tried that on me once. It only succeeded in turning me into a chain-smoker.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9692 on: May 05, 2011, 12:03:38 am »

I had an ex-boyfriend who tried that on me once. It only succeeded in turning me into a chain-smoker.

Sounds like he had some control issues.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9693 on: May 05, 2011, 01:34:47 am »

I would have sworn we'f covered this ground before - Cort?

You could handle it the old-school way and just make him eat all of it before he is allowed to eat anything else, but I'm pretty sure that's frowned on these days.

Yes.  I can't recall who posted this link to Still Tasty originally, but I think maybe it was wombat if I'm not mistaken.  It's a very useful site.  They don't have a suggestion for frozen then thawed pie, but suggest it would be good for two days on the counter if freshly baked, more if refrigerated.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9694 on: May 05, 2011, 02:26:45 am »

The Still Tasty site is actually mostly about whether something is going to make you sick.

I was surprised it said two days. When I look stuff up on that site, it almost always turns out that left to my own judgment I would be throwing out food that is still perfectly good. But I wouldn't throw out a pie after two days unless I saw actual mold on it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9695 on: May 05, 2011, 03:07:36 am »

waste not, want not vs. waste not, get bubble guts/drama pipes
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9696 on: May 05, 2011, 03:09:42 am »

But I wouldn't throw out a pie after two days unless I saw actual mold on it.

And even then you just scrape that part off and you're good to go.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9697 on: May 05, 2011, 09:15:15 am »

Yeah, to myself I'd probably just stick that sucker in a hot oven until it was boiling all the way through and call it good.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9698 on: May 05, 2011, 12:46:43 pm »

I used to do those things till I did too much research. Scraping off the mold doesn't get rid of evil mold roots that might extend past where you see them, and boiling doesn't get rid of the toxins that the mold produced before you killed it.  Mold doesn't have roots, really, but whatever they are. Tentacles, maybe.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9699 on: May 05, 2011, 12:53:08 pm »

Tentacles, maybe.

AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!! TENTACLES!!!!  Noooooooooo....
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9700 on: May 05, 2011, 01:26:57 pm »

I'm sure it's been posted before but this is a good time to remind everyone that some fungus will in fact take over your mind.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9701 on: May 05, 2011, 01:39:30 pm »

I'm sure it's been posted before but this is a good time to remind everyone that some fungus will in fact take over your mind.

Uh, that's not the only kind of fungus that'll take over your mind...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9702 on: May 05, 2011, 01:59:30 pm »

I'm sure it's been posted before but this is a good time to remind everyone that some fungus will in fact take over your mind.

I wish you a happy birthday, and you reward me with this. Hey, thanks, dick!

I was just re-reading the ergot thread that's around here somewheres.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9703 on: May 05, 2011, 04:05:20 pm »

I'm sure it's been posted before but this is a good time to remind everyone that some fungus will in fact take over your mind.

That was frikkin' awesome.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9704 on: May 05, 2011, 04:30:30 pm »

I learned at work that there are some things it is OK to cut mold off of. Maybe bread? And other things where that kind of mold has tentacles.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 645 646 [647] 648 649 ... 878   Go Up