Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349113 times)

0 Members and 207 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9765 on: May 19, 2011, 06:36:01 pm »

ah, yeah. Most cities have demolished those kind of buildings.


Today, I found the facebook page of the (much older) girl I had a huge crush on in 6th grade. She is a lot less cute, lives in Brooklyn, and is dating a guy with gray hair.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9766 on: May 19, 2011, 07:25:38 pm »

and is dating a guy with gray hair.

You say that like it's a bad thing.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9767 on: May 19, 2011, 07:59:14 pm »

She is a lot less cute, lives in Brooklyn, and is dating a guy with gray hair.

Ooh, you better believe that's a bannin'.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9768 on: May 19, 2011, 10:00:36 pm »

Rephrase: she is dating a guy who looks old enough to be her young uncle.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9769 on: May 20, 2011, 05:14:31 am »

I'll just pop in here to mention that I had three cheeseburgers today with three different kinds of cheese: Wisconsin cheddar, muenster, and smoked gouda.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9770 on: May 20, 2011, 12:46:01 pm »

today I got really excited because I recognized the style of public housing in the background of this one scene in The Wire. The department of Housing and Urban Development built them all over the country in the 1950s, and they are ugly as sin.

...what is wrong with me.

Remind me again why you are not studying to be an architect right now?

Also, it may surprise you to know that a) I am starting to go gray and b) Pedro thinks my gray streaks are teh sexxay.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9771 on: May 20, 2011, 01:08:55 pm »

No, not an architect - urban planning or something like that. Architects mostly end up doing depressing stuff that just makes cities worse even when they didn't mean to.

Of course that's my usual sort of thinking - why not do something where you will end up making a whole lot less money.

Also, I am starting to go grey enough that I am thinking of coloring my hair. Which is scarier, doing it at home or paying a zillion dollars to have my expensive hairdresser do it?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9772 on: May 20, 2011, 03:40:59 pm »

I'll just pop in here to mention that I had three cheeseburgers today with three different kinds of cheese: Wisconsin cheddar, muenster, and smoked gouda.

You're living the dream my friend.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9773 on: May 20, 2011, 08:38:50 pm »

According to the one guy I know who is an architect, the job market for architects is pretty bad right now (I know, big news, right). He is working, but not as an architect, and not very much.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9774 on: May 20, 2011, 09:02:16 pm »

yeah, also, you need an undergraduate degree in architecture. All of my friends who graduated with that degree are doing things like waiting tables, or volunteering at the STL Landmarks Association (basically the Preservation Society).

I am considering urban planning or something like that. I need to take the GRE.

My dad, after a solid year of me talking about this stuff, commented that he knows the guy who is the head of the Federal Housing Something Something. So I guess that is worth looking into.

I am mad because I got really excited about these paid Department of Housing and Urban Development internships, and then I realized you have to be a currently enrolled student to do them. Boo.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9775 on: May 20, 2011, 10:03:51 pm »

Opening a taco stand sounds SOOO much better. 

My dream is to become king of the vegan food stands in the western 3rd of the USA.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9776 on: May 20, 2011, 10:57:35 pm »

Dude, I would eat that.

I've already offered to run the back office and do the boring financials if he wants to take a run at being a Taco King.

Taco King? Fuck that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9777 on: May 21, 2011, 04:36:11 am »

...DUUUUUUURNK!

OHHHHHH YEEEEEEAH!

on miller light and cheap wodka goddam depressing as that is

next step is you have to get all heartfelt with one of our esteemed lady-members.  all calling wombat "honey-child", or some shit....
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9778 on: May 21, 2011, 07:20:32 am »

Did I mention that I put a stripper pole on my car?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9779 on: May 21, 2011, 09:15:19 am »

I am pretty sure that you know you didn't mention that.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 878   Go Up