Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: 1 ... 652 653 [654] 655 656 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349106 times)

0 Members and 207 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9795 on: May 25, 2011, 12:07:10 am »

... Quit my job, meet a member of the opposite sex, and make a batch of beer. I was inspired by a friend of mine who followed his foreign girlfriend home to germany and found a job in 3 days as an international brand ambassador. In college we made and lost memories on the reg. Adult life needs more of that.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9796 on: May 25, 2011, 03:46:35 am »

Quote from: Asherdan
sMets, let us know when it's available for public consumption, a dude might partake monetarily of some ludicrous words and art he can hold.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

It probably won't be done and printed for a while yet but I will figure out how I can get it to some of y'all for sure.

I might put it up through my girlfriend's shop on etsy, I'm thinking.

I'll keep ya posted.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9797 on: May 25, 2011, 07:09:53 am »

... Quit my job, meet a member of the opposite sex, and make a batch of beer. I was inspired by a friend of mine who followed his foreign girlfriend home to germany and found a job in 3 days as an international brand ambassador. In college we made and lost memories on the reg. Adult life needs more of that.

And that's the day the little capitalist learned that the greatest value.... is love.

Or at least a sweet pair of titties.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9798 on: May 25, 2011, 12:25:49 pm »

*spit-take*

Yay for girls!

Today I'm gonna log in to Facebook to see this posted by a girl I graduated from college with:

Quote
Ode to the tangled webs we weave, when lest we practice to deceive....

And not be sure whether to laugh or cry.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9799 on: May 25, 2011, 04:00:03 pm »

Well.  I didn't suck last night.  It was a weird room.   Lots of drunkies wandered in for a FREE SHOW!

They didn't always follow where I was going, and I stepped on some things and altered some things and didn't trust my gut and I think missed out on some rad opportunities.  NEXT WEEK.


Ash: In regards to BOHICA in your sig.   I used to refer to myself at work as "THE LAST OF THE BOHICANS!" as I was in this weird top heavy structure where three levels of people would decide what all needed to be done and then they would turn to me and tell me to do it, as I was the only person who enacted any of their decisions.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9800 on: May 25, 2011, 04:25:29 pm »

Kenny is the ring leader of BFH (Bastards from Hell) his crew which drive these really cool stand up scooters. 
This assertion requires photographic proof.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9801 on: May 25, 2011, 05:38:45 pm »

I have this idea for a company where we go around and teach wealthy housewives how to use hot tubs...
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9802 on: May 25, 2011, 10:38:43 pm »

Big hail in my area today. Went down in the basement with a lawn chair and watched The Wire and ate cookies for an hour.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9803 on: May 26, 2011, 08:08:07 am »

I have this idea for a company where we go around and teach wealthy housewives how to use hot tubs...

I saw some Jersey Shore for the first time last night and this idea reminds me of it.
Which doesn't make it bad by any means.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9804 on: May 26, 2011, 05:22:39 pm »

This assertion requires photographic proof.

Hmn, well I searched my photostream and I don't have anything posted from the BFH scooter crew.  I know I have pics of them in my archives somewhere, but I'm too busy to search for them right now.  There is this stand up scooter, but he's not part of the BFH crew.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9805 on: May 26, 2011, 05:53:09 pm »

Ahh, I see.  I was picturing a Segway.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9806 on: May 26, 2011, 08:11:20 pm »

Girlface surprised us by letting them do a full cleaning her first time out. I convinced her that it would make her teeth shiny and clean like a princess, not a challenge there.

Boyface has been twice a year since he was 3 and while he's gotten so we can do an exam without a full-on meltdown, we haven't been able to do a clean & polish yet.

The DDS is like Ned Flanders without the moustache, super nice and the hygenist is gentle as a warm spring breeze. Also, DDS has a nephew with autism with whom he is close, so he "gets it." A nice bonus for a dentist we've been going to since before we even had the kids.

Good luck, Ash; hope it goes as well for your boy as it did for my girl a couple of months back.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9807 on: May 26, 2011, 08:27:59 pm »

Maybe "sharp shiny monster teeth" will do the trick.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9808 on: May 27, 2011, 12:03:22 am »

when did I become a guy who wants to spend money on clothes all the time? Yikes.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9809 on: May 27, 2011, 12:04:28 am »

Today I'm gonna make mint sun tea. So good. So refreshing.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 652 653 [654] 655 656 ... 878   Go Up