Today I'm gonna spend the second of two consecutive days talking about the real possibility of making a baby with the people who matter. It included my sister asking me if I wanted her to keep her bumbo and other items. Holy shit. I have accoutrements in waiting.
A little story about baby related accoutrements:
A few years ago I was at my husband's grandma's house. I love her so much, as I've noted elsewhere. She's just one of my favorite people. This was before her decline into dementia and at a point where I was still certain I would never want a child. She had a beautiful quilted baby blanket of Pooh and friends, and she mentioned she didn't have anyone to give it to. She typically made these to auction off at social functions, but this one was especially nice and it seemed a shame to just give it away. For a reason not even formulated in my mind, I told her I wanted it. She asked if it was for a friend, and I told her no, but that I would make sure it got used. It was probably the first inkling I had that things where changing for me. I had the quilt in a bag, in our closet for over a year, and would look at it and ask myself "why did I take this blanket," and a little voice inside me told me I wanted to have something from grandma to wrap my baby in. Now that grandma's no longer able to make such beautiful quilts, I'm glad that somewhere inside me I had the wisdom to take it when I did. It's one of only a couple things I've acquired that are in my home, but I've got my sister and bf saving all the additional accoutrements for me now.
Wow. I'm still pretty WTF about all this.