Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1350387 times)

0 Members and 193 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9870 on: June 05, 2011, 04:11:24 am »

But the key point is, use it use it use it. Your wife's friend made it for you made it to be wrapped around your baby, not to be looked at, and she will feel better knowing that something she spent a lot of time on is keeping your baby warm as she intended.

this, in general.  i love a functional gift and i love to give a functional gift.(is that a "man thing", in the main?)  anyway, its a big part of why i am such a crafty cave-man.  i like when people dig the things i make for them, but i figuratively cream my jeans when they like it AND use/wear it.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9871 on: June 05, 2011, 06:57:22 am »

went to my old best pal's moving-in party. She is moving in with her boyfriend, who is a really awesome dude. Apparently he confided in her that he really thinks I am great, and wants to be my friend. They live a few blocks away from me. Rad.
Their party had lots of cool people who are in grad school with them, and a really cute girl who was very nice, and her very nice boyfriend who was very nice, and a very nice gay man who apparently asked out of my earshot whether I was down with making out with dudes. So basically, lots of nice people. Yeah! This is what I want my post-collegiate experience to be like. Drinking beer with nice, smart people.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9872 on: June 05, 2011, 07:00:03 am »

That party sounds like it delivered the goods.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9873 on: June 06, 2011, 12:37:24 am »

well, shit.

Just got a letter in the mail reminding us that our lease runs out at the end of July. One roommate was planning on staying here through the summer and is pissed that he might have to find a different place in 2 months. The other is definitely staying in town, and wants me to tell him whether we will be renewing our lease. I have no idea, as I had kind of decided I would move to a new city if I hadn't found anything by the time this lease ran out. But, you know, that is a stupid plan. Because moving someplace relies on having a job there. Which I do not have.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9874 on: June 06, 2011, 04:52:42 am »

...and then my roommate waited until we were with a group of friends to say "oh, hey, if you aren't sure whether you are going to stay here or not, I'm just going to move out."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9875 on: June 06, 2011, 05:40:33 am »

Today I'm going to absent-mindedly put my underwear on inside out and backwards. At least they were on the inside of my #####. I then spilled coffee on myself. I need to go back to working days.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9876 on: June 06, 2011, 11:18:58 am »

Today I am going to read about the Gong Show and learn that one of the hostesses, Carol Connors, is both a former porn star (she was in Deep Throat) and also the mother of Thora Birch. It seems unlikely, but there it is.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9877 on: June 06, 2011, 10:42:56 pm »

dear SS,

the world needs the sort of children you will raise.
Seconded, and canned for saying it first.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9878 on: June 07, 2011, 12:36:06 am »

went to my favorite BBQ place, and ordered a pork sandwich and sweet potato fries. The lady behind the counter says "4.99" and hands me a cup for a drink. This would normally cost like 10$, plus I didn't ask for a drink... so I say "what? No, I said a large pork sandwich, and"
"no, sir, I remember you. You work at Culinaria. Dan, right? Don't worry about it. $4.99."

So I guess I have been nice to this lady and her boyfriend, and she gave me some sort of "family discount" or something. Awesome.

Little did she know I probably poisoned a customer today.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9879 on: June 07, 2011, 01:12:09 am »

Or you played directly into her plan to have her ex totally and painfully incapacitated.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9880 on: June 07, 2011, 01:59:23 am »

On another messageboard -- I feel like I am confessing cheating, here -- it's a board for Urban Dead, that browser-based MMO some of use used to play here -- but there is a new member who is all chatty and trying to "get to know" folks...so he started a "religion" thread. (I am highly suspicious of this person and have thus far declined to participate.) The board is a lot of college kids and a few of  us old fogies (based on the forum calendar, of the 20 or so active members, only about half are above drinking age, and only four are over 30).

Watching these kids talk (and, dare I say, argue -- though they've been fairly polite so far) about religion is a weird experience after having discussed it so intelligently with all of you folks. Have you ever seen two bilingual people have a disagreement in a language that is not native to either of them? (I have. It's weird.) That's what watching this debate is like. They pretty much get the concept of what they want to say, but they lack the vocabulary to say it succinctly, and they can't quite grasp what the other side is throwing out, so they keep talking in circles and amending themselves and backtracking and ultimately end up saying a whole hell of a lot of nothing at all.

Half amusing; half sad. Makes me appreciate you guys, though. 

P.S. Sorry this is so rambly and oddly constructed; it's been a day and my brain has shut down for the night. I may as well be drunk posting, I just hope it makes sense to someone here.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9881 on: June 07, 2011, 04:57:00 am »

I feel off-balance from seeing 'OMG' in an Ash post.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9882 on: June 07, 2011, 05:08:49 am »

my friend who is moving away is telling me about her 20-hour-a-week job mentoring little refugee kids. It sounds cool, because I love kids, but also, "Center for Survivors of Torture and War Trauma" is really intense and scary. She says she will put in good words for me if I want it, and they really really need male employees. I could do this and be making not horribly less than my current job, and get another part-time job or internship or volunteer position. Hmm.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9883 on: June 07, 2011, 06:18:52 am »

You'd be less likely to poison someone there, so that's a net gain for humanity.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9884 on: June 07, 2011, 01:25:00 pm »

Cann'd for seeing the big picture, Nabu.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 878   Go Up