Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Ray Smuckles pours one out for Tiger's '09 Escalade. "Shit didn't have to be that way, Tiger. You coulda' taken the damn Buick."

Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349025 times)

0 Members and 200 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10095 on: June 30, 2011, 02:19:10 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10096 on: June 30, 2011, 03:29:21 pm »

hm. half-drunkenly thinking of plans to move to Chicago.

1. find job
2. put my stuff in storage?
3. sleep on floors/couches until I find a place to move into.

What can go wrong? Only everything. I guess I would also be leaving my current roommate without an apartment on very short notice, which is a dick move.
Our current lease runs out at the end of July, so this is kind of a pressing issue.

What's in STL that you would miss?

Does that outwiegh the stuff in Chicago that you would like to be closer to?

If not, move. You're only young once.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10097 on: June 30, 2011, 06:52:14 pm »

No, Louisville. 

oh, right.  duh.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10098 on: July 01, 2011, 07:36:08 am »

Today I am going to discover that Doc has a friend by the name of Bruce DeWombat. Are you two related, Wombles?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10099 on: July 01, 2011, 12:18:54 pm »

Today I'm gonna tackle a serious landscaping project.  It's Canada Day here, so for the soul Canuck on the board, the long weekend starts today.  There is beer in the fridge, as is tradition.  Alexander Keith's beer in fact.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10100 on: July 01, 2011, 03:15:57 pm »

Are y'all piggybacking on our Independence Day weekend?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10101 on: July 01, 2011, 09:33:57 pm »

The Canada Day celebrants and the hockey hoosers are not the same sort of crowd - that riot was a rare occurrence and your kid will be fine.  The greatest danger on a day like today is consuming too much beer or encountering too much weed.  The only people who are feeling a loss today are maybe some of the aboriginal people, what with being colonized and all.  A lot of my friends have bitter Facebook statuses today. 

I was just taking a break from shoveling.  Gotta get back to it.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10102 on: July 02, 2011, 03:58:54 am »

Today I did a little math using this site, and figured out that we should go over 7 billion in about 250 days.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10103 on: July 02, 2011, 04:06:22 am »

...not spend Friday night refreshing this page over and over again waiting for someone to post something interesting, because, for the first time in recent memory, I actually had a date that didn't occur in the middle of the week.

Hallelujah.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10104 on: July 02, 2011, 08:27:21 am »

Here you go Smells, I posted a pic in honor of Canada day.  It's a picture I took at a Tragically Hip concert about 9 years ago which, I'm pretty sure, every Canadian in Houston attended.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10105 on: July 02, 2011, 12:33:57 pm »

I'm so Canadian that I can identify Gord Downie's body even when his head's cut off.  Gosh, I hope there's never a tragedy where I'm called in to do that in less favourable circumstances.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10106 on: July 04, 2011, 03:08:25 pm »

Today so help me god I'm going to hear that fuck*ng Lee Greenwood song again at our morning meeting. Fuck that shit.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10107 on: July 04, 2011, 07:10:38 pm »

I walked past a Wal-Mart on accident earlier this week and that song pretty much tazed me, dude.

This bears repeating, is all.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10108 on: July 04, 2011, 08:01:51 pm »

I just spent an entire work day without functioning servers.  Every few minutes I'd pause and have to re-think how to do things, but mostly it was a productive day.  I have a list of 5 emails I need to send.  Also I have a document that I might have to hand deliver to all the way across the city tomorrow if the problem isn't fixed, but actually it would be a nice drive.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10109 on: July 04, 2011, 09:55:44 pm »

Today so help me god I'm going to hear that fuck*ng Lee Greenwood song again at our morning meeting. Fuck that shit.

There is a fountain near my office building, kind of a poor man's Bellagio (it also functions as a poor family's water park), and on more days than not I hear this horrendous rendition of God Bless America at least once. Regardless of the time of year. I just two weeks ago learned that it is sung by French-Canadian Celine Dion. O Canada, fuck off.

Not really, I love you Canada, but that was a cruel thing to do to the world, and your most offensive export after asbestos.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 878   Go Up