Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349115 times)

0 Members and 206 Guests are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10575 on: October 27, 2011, 11:03:53 am »

Today I'm going to my first sweat lodge ceremony.  I have been sort of nervous about this, but also looking forward to it.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10576 on: October 27, 2011, 02:05:02 pm »

i bought my living room tables at goodwill specifically so i didn't have to worry about coasters. or feet - what's the point of a coffee table if you aren't allowed to put your feet up on it? for like 40 bucks i got a table you basically can't such as hurt
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10577 on: October 27, 2011, 02:23:21 pm »

Today I'm gonna post on an internet messageboard from a train. I know this is old news but it's been ridiculously long since I took a train.

Also today I'm gonna figure out where technology needs to go next. I mean, yeah, eventually this stuff just needs to be beamed directly into our brains, but that's going to take a while. In the interim, now that we've got these devices in all kinds of tiny convenient sizes, the next frontier is, they need to not be so breakable. I want a tablet computer that is like one of those silicone cutting boards or something that I can roll up and stick in a suitcase and not worry about dropping it on the floor. Is it cutting boards I am thinking of? But you know the kind of thing I mean. They need to start being rubbery and bouncy instead of glassy and crackable.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10578 on: October 27, 2011, 03:31:45 pm »

fuck*ng hell. Pedro is working on a bit for amateur night at the comedy club and, so help me, I've got one in the works now, too.

Shit, I do not need this in my life right now. Doing stand-up sucks, having it churning in my brain for weeks is a terrible thing.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10579 on: October 27, 2011, 04:14:44 pm »

Obviously I am right on top of the Zeitgeist, because a week ago I was thinking "someone should make a guidebook/guide website to St Louis that is full of places that aren't in mass-market guidebooks... but curated, so it isn't just a bunch of crap like Yelp." This week, I find out that someone did that.

Now the trick is getting right AHEAD of the zeitgeist.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10580 on: October 27, 2011, 06:41:25 pm »

I think I heard that gal on the radio. She mentioned the Steel Guitar Hall of Fame (or something like that), which I had not heard of.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10581 on: October 27, 2011, 07:30:23 pm »

You gotta BE the zeitgeist. You gotta ghost the HELL outta that time.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10582 on: October 27, 2011, 08:32:42 pm »

The last time I got a table like that we also went and painted our own custom Mega-Monopoly board around the edges and made some custom play cads to go with it.

At the end of the semester, we burned the table.
We had a table and a couch specifically designated for shooting at. Using coasters has been a thing since then.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10583 on: October 27, 2011, 09:37:59 pm »

fuck*ng hell. Pedro is working on a bit for amateur night at the comedy club and, so help me, I've got one in the works now, too.

Shit, I do not need this in my life right now. Doing stand-up sucks, having it churning in my brain for weeks is a terrible thing.

Awesome!
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10584 on: October 28, 2011, 04:46:33 am »

You gotta BE the zeitgeist. You gotta ghost the HELL outta that time.

Physician heal thyself.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10585 on: October 28, 2011, 04:59:05 am »

If I'd given up, I wouldn't be scratchin' and clawin' in Brooklyn. I'd be back upstate, living with my parents again, getting a masters degree in something I hated and slowly dying inside.

Don't misunderstand... I been through hell and I have been a bit of a pissy-##### Hamlet about things for... a few years. I look in the mirror from time to time. I've seen that guy too.

I got laid off by my childhood hero. I helped put my girlfriend through school for a career path that disappeared under the weight of ten thousand douchebag taxcuts. I held my little brother in my arms while he had a seizure and then his girlfriend threw me outta her house for trying to help him get better. I have been rabbit-punched in the kidneys by a divinity I have no evidence toward for a number of years.

And I've spent a whole lot of my time and energy just trying to not have a psychotic fuckin' break trying to deal with it. I'm not as strong as some people mentally. The weight of that shit quite nearly broke me... maybe it would'a glanced off a tougher soul but that's not my construction. It almost broke me. But it didn't.

I live in the double-edged sword of the world's beating heart. My girlfriend found a day job, I'm getting better leads for one. I'm takin' brush-up screenwriting classes, I self-published a comic for the first time in about eight years. My brother's got stitches on his head where that cluster of veins that was crippling him used to be and he's healing now. I myself am not dead yet.

And I aim to make The Fat Lady sweat.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10586 on: October 28, 2011, 05:09:01 am »

Never Give up, trust your instincts!

(maybe I am the only person that is the right age to have played this game extensively?)

Stick with it. Rock on with your dude self.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 05:21:17 am by pmcd9 »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10587 on: October 28, 2011, 12:10:05 pm »

If I'd given up, I wouldn't be scratchin' and clawin' in Brooklyn.

You're still in Brooklyn! I didn't know or I would have brought a copy of my book and we coulda met up and traded. I still want your comic.


Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10588 on: October 28, 2011, 12:35:37 pm »

I want a copy of his comic too.  I am willing to part with my hard earned money for a copy.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10589 on: October 28, 2011, 03:15:25 pm »

Once the shit from a bunch of stuff completely settles, I am totally gonna figure out exactly how I'm gonna get the comic in people's hands, don't worry.

I just... it was like two days ago, I still thought I was packing to move our shit upstate and my girlfriend found a nanny job 11th hour.

My head's still spinning from that and worrying about the danger zone for complications my brother's still in for a week or two after the surgery.

When that settles, I'm either putting these things on my girl's etsy site and/or just plunking my address up in corners like this to friends and saying "send me five bucks and your address or whatever"...

I just wanna make sure this is still gonna be my address in a month first. Our situation is still a little dicey and my life has had so many near-turn-arounds that fell flat last minute that I just don't wanna get my hopes up yet.

If I could'a been sure that I was actually gonna be here, wombat, I would'a loved to have met up and swapped books. I just... where I am gonna be living had literally changed four times in the last two weeks.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 878   Go Up