Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: 1 ... 705 706 [707] 708 709 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349115 times)

0 Members and 206 Guests are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10590 on: October 28, 2011, 05:02:18 pm »

And Adrian's job fell through again.

Again.

So.

Uhm.

Yeah. Shifting timeline.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10591 on: October 28, 2011, 05:24:10 pm »

Fuck dude.  Bummer.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10592 on: October 28, 2011, 05:24:22 pm »

fuck*ng fuck, dude. Sorry, that is terrible. I wish I knew someone in NY who was hiring, but the only people I know there are similarly un- or under-employed.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10593 on: October 28, 2011, 05:37:50 pm »

yeah, the people I know there are all working several jobs and hating life. Fuck.

Fuck.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10594 on: October 29, 2011, 10:50:20 pm »

OH MY GOD institutional job-application databases are the worst thing I have ever seen.

Spent ~40 minutes filling out this application where I had to type in all of my resume information in little fields. One question referred to the job description. So I opened another tab and pulled up the job description.

WHICH LOGGED ME OUT OF MY ACCOUNT, AND DELETED ALL OF MY PROGRESS ON THE APPLICATION.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10595 on: October 30, 2011, 08:36:53 pm »

So speaking of technology: Let's say you're making a reservation on Amtrak, and the website says that the fancy Acela Express has wireless, but the crummy regular train service doesn't. But you get to the station and there's a bunch of fancy signs plastered all over the place saying which trains have wireless, and your crummy regular train is also on the list. Who do you believe?

Well, apparently it is easier to design, print, and install a bunch of fancy signs than it is to update the website.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10596 on: October 30, 2011, 08:39:02 pm »

Well, apparently it is easier to design, print, and install a bunch of fancy signs than it is to update the website.

That makes perfect sense to me.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10597 on: October 30, 2011, 08:49:38 pm »

Having both laid stuff out and had it printed on paper, and managed a variety of websites, I would have bet the other way. But old media won this one.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10598 on: October 31, 2011, 12:18:48 pm »

...have a few minutes to breathe after a crazygonuts weekend.

We went to a wedding on Saturday, and the groom (an old pal and co-worker of Pedro's) assured us that it was going to be very kid-friendly and he and the bride would love for us to bring Kitten and BooBear. We were hesitant, but in the end, we decided not to get a sitter and just be prepared not to linger at the reception. It turned out to be a blast for everyone. It was a second wedding for both of them, so this was a smallish affair held outdoors at a farm. It was cold -- about 50F -- but we were dressed warmly and the rain held off, at least. The ceremony was brief, and I kept the kids amused some distance away while Pedro sat and watched his friend get wed.

Then they party moved to a circle of picnic tables adorned with kraft paper tablecloths (someone brought crayons) and miniature gourds. At the head of the ring was a small outbuilding with a few microphones and speakers, and a four-piece bluegrass band played. In the center was a large stone ring, where a bonfire was lit. The meal was vegetarian, but not so you'd notice. They also had bean bag toss games set up to one side of the circle of tables, and all the people with kids sat on that side so that we could let our kids play while we sipped wine and finished eating. The cake was an arrangement of pumpkin-shaped spice cakes in four flavors, prepared by the groom's sister. After everyone had finished eating, they brought out huge baskets of (vegan) marshmallows, chocolate bars, and graham crackers, and the kids (and many adults) made s'more's by the campfire. All in all, it was the perfect wedding for an outdoorsy, environmentally conscious couple, and our kids -- who had never been to a wedding before -- had the most amazing time.

If any of you unmarried folks are thinking of planning a wedding ever, that's the way to do it. What fun.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10599 on: October 31, 2011, 04:39:06 pm »

Wombat, apparently the wi-fi on non-Acela trains is brand-spankin' new.
http://dcist.com/2011/10/now_youve_got_something_to_do_on_th.php
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10600 on: October 31, 2011, 04:44:24 pm »

And god knows it saved me from going insane because somehow everything I thought I had downloaded to read was screwed up in one way or another, so I am thankful. But I still don't get how it was faster to print the signs than to update the website.

Oh, and I couldn't get the wireless in the actual station to work, so they find it easier to provide wireless on a moving train than in a stationary building. It's topsy-turvy world over there at Amtrak.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10601 on: October 31, 2011, 10:44:47 pm »

...throw together a Halloween costume at the last minute because I can't resist. We decided not to do costumes this year, just let the kids dress up, but I can't do it. I'm dressed in all black, carrying an Elmo puppet, with a name tag that says, "Hello, my name is KEVIN CLASH." I am answering the door with the candy bucket in one hand and Elmo sitting in the bucket, talking to the kids. It's amazing how they automatically address the puppet instead of me when I say, "Elmo is dressed as a vampire, what is your costume today?" (My Elmo puppet has a black cape.)

My kids, of course, are Elmo-as-a-vampire and Cookie-Monster-ballerina. Because costumes within costumes are exactly what they do. We also have a Cookie Monster puppet in a tutu and ballet slippers, so I made Pedro a "Frank Oz" name tag in case he wants to "dress up" too.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10602 on: November 01, 2011, 01:04:22 am »

Bought a bunch of candy on sale. Haven't seen any trick or treaters. Gonna eat it all.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10603 on: November 01, 2011, 04:25:27 am »

Are you gonna get yer new ##### on sale too?

I show my support by being mean.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10604 on: November 01, 2011, 12:30:55 pm »

I show my support by being mean.

negative reinforcement can
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 705 706 [707] 708 709 ... 878   Go Up