Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: 1 ... 708 709 [710] 711 712 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1350071 times)

0 Members and 143 Guests are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10635 on: November 04, 2011, 03:39:11 am »

Yeah he's a cool dude, met him at a show a coupla weeks back...

My friend Kelly, who has a serious crush on him, she tried to throw him a sharpie to sign autographs with and she winged him in the eye and...

He was still pleasant!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10636 on: November 04, 2011, 04:49:55 am »

I am talking to my best friend from high school. We had a huge falling out and have not talked in a long time. I asked you guys for advice a while ago when his dad died, about how to contact him.

Anyway, I just had this realization that I can't be mad at him for trying to fuck my highschool girlfriend. It is the year 2011. We are going to hang out over thanksgiving, and possibly go to our 5 year high school reunion drunk and be sad sacks. Except mine will be with an edge of "I got handsome, fuck you guys."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10637 on: November 04, 2011, 07:12:56 am »

In the sitcom version of your life, of course, there are two options.

Either he will hit on your current girlfriend OR he will turn out to have had a sex change and will try to have sex with you.

In the B-plot, Bull Shannon will be trapped in an elevator with a pregnant lady about to give birth either way.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10638 on: November 04, 2011, 12:52:28 pm »

I didn't know 5-year reunions were a thing.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10639 on: November 04, 2011, 02:01:20 pm »

yeah, my high school has this attitude like "our school is so small, so all of you guys were best friends, right? We will have Young Alumni events every single year, at both Thanksgiving and Christmas time."

I guess it is not a 5 Year Reunion. The title on my email-invite is just "Reunion for Class of 2006."

The majority of my graduating class went to UNC or USC or NC State, and it seems like they have all remained Best Buds throughout college anyway.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10640 on: November 05, 2011, 03:08:01 am »

Post on an internet messageboard from a concert. Realize I live in the future.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10641 on: November 05, 2011, 03:30:05 am »

Is that the USC with the ol' ball coach?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10642 on: November 05, 2011, 04:01:10 am »

Opening act had a song that included the line "smile like a doughnut." just thought y'all needed to know that.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10643 on: November 06, 2011, 05:21:04 pm »

good thing I got an extra hour of sleep last night. I can't imagine how hung over I would be if I had gotten any less sleep.

...work. ughhhhhhhh.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10644 on: November 06, 2011, 05:43:27 pm »

Come to the deep and tearing realization that I was supposed to run away and join the circus...

I can't be an acrobat now that I'm all old and fat.  DAMN YOU FREE PUBLIC EDUCATION!
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10645 on: November 08, 2011, 03:49:08 pm »

May have finally found a guy to play music with. But something about the sentence "oh, yeah, I'm selling this tattoo gun, and then I'll have cash to buy a really nice synth" makes me worried.

Oh no: he is friends with my Mortal Enemy at the radio station.

She was my enemy, because she decided I "hated her" and was "making things personal" when I penalized her for breaking a rule. She told everyone I was trying to fuck her over and steal her show slot, and tried to make the programming director give her show-time priority over me. She looked through all of my old shows and found places I had arguably broken rules, and then emailed the programming director about them.

Best, though: she wrote DB IS A CUNT on the wall, and talked shit about me during her show. Apparently I'm a hipster who thinks people should only play Animal Collective. I'm glad i could make a horrible "punk" girl so mad.

There is something really satisfying about having someone so stupid get that mad at me.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 07:16:36 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10646 on: November 08, 2011, 10:18:25 pm »

For some reason it is really funny to me to read this article about Bosnian food in STL and the quotes from restaurant owners. Specifically, that they say things like "we don't make Bosnian food, we make American food. The ingredients are all American." They sell Bosnian bread labeled "white bread," etc. Weird.

I am very excited to go try some of this food. My friend raves about it and has been bugging me for a long time to eat some with him. Also, this section of town is generally very cool. In the middle of a big intersection is a big windmill apparently built by Adolphus Busch (of Anheuser-Busch) back when this land was all his private grounds. It was in decline until tons of Bosnian refugees moved there in the 90s. Awesome.

Also: the neighborhood has a really goofy wikipedia page. First wikipedia page I have found in a while that reads like a middle-school social studies project.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 10:21:42 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10647 on: November 09, 2011, 02:27:27 am »

...have a student I had as an undergrad in 2001 ask me to write him a letter for law school.

I have done this now and again since I left the university - if the student can send me a bunch of actual homework assignments sometimes it will jog my memory enough to produce something. But at this point it's been a long time.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10648 on: November 09, 2011, 02:53:57 am »

yikes, that is my worst nightmare. I definitely had a professor who didn't remember me only a year later.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10649 on: November 09, 2011, 03:27:03 am »

It's worth thinking about, if you want to go to grad school, as a reason not to wait too awfully long if you can help it.

The thing is that a really useful letter needs to have some detail of the kind that fades with time. But this guy is going to law school where I think they don't care that much about letters anyway.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 708 709 [710] 711 712 ... 878   Go Up