Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: 1 ... 710 711 [712] 713 714 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349115 times)

0 Members and 206 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10665 on: November 10, 2011, 07:56:26 pm »

You need to get A-CAP involved in that shit.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10666 on: November 10, 2011, 10:45:27 pm »

Depending on what state you're filing in, you're going to expend ~90% of your capital on inception costs.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10667 on: November 10, 2011, 11:20:42 pm »

so, I guess my roommates and I are officially forming an LLC for this "put out recordings of our friends' bands" venture. Business-school roommate is taking the business side of this very seriously, even though we all agree that it is basically a hobby, and we hope to break even at best.

I am unhappy with the dumb name we picked for our hobby record label. I guess I only own a 22.6% share, which is about to be diluted anyway. It feels weird to be even thinking about these things.

Business-school roommate already confided to me that third roommate is thinking about this in too much of a DIY, unprofessional way. Trouble is on the horizon for our record label, currently valued at ~250$.

Want to put out our demos?  Can send you rough copies now, when ready it  would be produced fully.  Pm me yer email if you want to hear. 
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10668 on: November 11, 2011, 03:50:51 am »

Nabu I would like to borrow $11,000 at 3 points, I'll put up a couple acres as collateral so its basically free money. Inev, Don't read the previous statement but I would like to lend you $10,000 at 6 points for your business thing. Wombat, I will purchase insurance on Inev's loan at prime +2. Paul, I will put you in the second tranche of Inev's payments for only a couple hundred dollars. I will sell you insurance on these payments.
ITS CALLED RISK MANAGEMENT.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10669 on: November 11, 2011, 05:37:26 am »

Keith, please send me the demos. Right now we have a list of local bands + our solo friend from Chicago who we want to record. But, I would like to hear them anyway.

This whole scheme is crazy and will take forever to go anywhere. Unless one of us gets a crazy nice job and can pour money into a silly hobby like this.

As it is, they both put in a lot more money than me, because I do not have any money.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10670 on: November 11, 2011, 05:43:08 am »

Oh man.

If I'm able to afford to stay in NYC, I'm starting to work on forming a new version of Screaming Viking and...

I would love to send you and your buddies somea that.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10671 on: November 11, 2011, 05:54:22 am »

Votes on what my new avatar should be?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10672 on: November 11, 2011, 03:20:32 pm »

Votes on what my new avatar should be?

Duck and kitten?
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10673 on: November 11, 2011, 04:24:45 pm »



You'd have to crop it down a bit, but it could work.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10674 on: November 11, 2011, 06:48:57 pm »

Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10675 on: November 11, 2011, 07:20:32 pm »

Damn, I wish I could somehow convince this paid internship that it is OK if I don't turn in two letters of recommendation when I apply.

Asking for letters of recommendation should be illegal. Why isn't OWS pushing for THAT?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10676 on: November 11, 2011, 08:02:11 pm »

I think everyone who has to write those letters would get on board with that cause.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10677 on: November 11, 2011, 09:21:56 pm »

In what would have been the greatest youtube video ever, an office full of sociopathic traders sang Lean On Me today (inspired by last night's Colbert Report). Happy Friday everyone!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wpof8s5ZTg
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 09:41:59 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10678 on: November 11, 2011, 11:44:32 pm »

This morning, I decided I needed to get the house-bound injured husband and dog out of the house, and it's a stat holiday here in Canada - Remembrance Day.  We drove through a Tim Hortons drive thru and headed to the trails at the fork in our city's two rivers, past the legislature while the cannons were firing (as the Occupy Winnipeg folks looked on too), and got to the bank of the river where (on the other side, at the base of a burned down cathedral) another group were firing rifles into the air and laying a wreath.  So we were within ear shot of both at the same time, and within view of each within a 10 minute span, which was also 11.11.11. 11:11:11, so we arrived at a park bench, and I kissed my hubby and gave the dog a few donut holes.  It was a pretty epic little span of minutes there.  I did this intentionally for no other reason than that I wanted to remember this point in time.  It was a consciously manufactured memory that is now indelibly stamped in my brain.  

PS - the dog never gets more than one donut hole, so this was a red-letter day for him too.

PPS - I later used the moldy smelling wet vac to clean up cat puke, so yes, every moment of my life is poetic and fraught with meaning if you're wondering.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 01:48:05 am by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10679 on: November 11, 2011, 11:52:25 pm »

Ah, we were fuckin' at 11:11:11 (PST).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 710 711 [712] 713 714 ... 878   Go Up