Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349448 times)

0 Members and 162 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10920 on: February 04, 2012, 04:10:44 pm »

I used to be a compulsive flosser, but then I took the next step -- I bought myself a scaler, pick, and one of those tiny angled mirrors.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10921 on: February 05, 2012, 07:46:31 pm »

I knocked out all my teeth so I can clean them at my workbench with a dremel tool.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10922 on: February 07, 2012, 02:38:06 pm »

... miss Calvin and Hobbes:

Calvin: Isn’t it strange that evolution would give us a sense of humour? When you think about it, it’s weird that we have a physiological response to absurdity. We laugh at nonsense. We like it. We think it’s funny. Don’t you think it’s odd that we appreciate absurdity? Why would we develop that way? How does it benefit us?

Hobbes: I suppose if we couldn’t laugh at things that don’t make sense, we couldn’t react to a lot of life.

Calvin: (after a long pause) I can’t tell if that’s funny or really scary.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10923 on: February 07, 2012, 05:03:35 pm »

Just know that the can I just gave you is really for Watterson.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10924 on: February 08, 2012, 07:54:49 pm »

Poop at work (right now!!)  I am grown to the point where I would rather shit at work and wake up five minutes later and get a sweet break no one can complain about than pretend like I don't poop.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10925 on: February 09, 2012, 03:31:42 pm »

Today I'm gonna have the thought that it's useful to have underemployed people like myself in the world, because who else has the time to go through their Twitter followers and report the spambots?

This seems like a new low. I'm not asking for my ship to come in, but if I don't at least sight a rowboat on the horizon soon, I am pretty much out of ideas.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10926 on: February 09, 2012, 03:56:26 pm »

Today I am going to send my wife off to work on her bicycle in the cold and rain. Every morning she does this. I am impressed. I don't know if I should be, but I am.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10927 on: February 09, 2012, 03:59:47 pm »

Daks' been making the trek every morning on her bike.  7 miles to her new office. 

Like some kind of warrior.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10928 on: February 09, 2012, 04:03:59 pm »

I will try to remember this next time I complain about having to put on a jacket to walk twenty feet from my front porch to the car when it's 55F and sunny.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10929 on: February 09, 2012, 04:12:35 pm »

Pi's got the gaiters for her bike shoes and the bar mitts + gloves and she even has the little liner thing for her helmet. It's been sort of chilly here, as well. Of course, I do have to go in to the house and surf the internet with a cat on my lap, so we all have our burdens.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10930 on: February 09, 2012, 06:18:57 pm »

Accidentally set my alarm for 10 PM. I thought I had grown past making that mistake. Woke up at noon. Well, the good news is, if I had gone into my "internship" I would have just browsed the internet all day. I'm trying to turn this bad feeling into the drive to send blind resumes to historic property rehab places.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10931 on: February 09, 2012, 08:08:57 pm »

Today I am going to send my wife off to work on her bicycle in the cold and rain.

Don't you have a garage where she could work on it?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10932 on: February 10, 2012, 12:17:48 am »

...lead the life I was born to lead.  I'm chilling in the bar/lounge of the Napa Marriott Hotel & Spa while my darling wife attends an education conference.  I woke up at 8:30am, wandered into the lounge and had breakfast, then retired to our room for 6 hours of Skyrim on the XBox I cleverly brought along.  I came back out for a late lunch, figure out how to tether my phone so I don't need to pay Internet Ransom to Marriott, and now I'm posting on TOUAMB.  Tomorrow I plan to get a 50 minute massage.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10933 on: February 10, 2012, 12:35:23 am »

Accidentally set my alarm for 10 PM. I thought I had grown past making that mistake.

I am sorry to have to tell you, this has nothing to do with age.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10934 on: February 10, 2012, 01:25:26 am »

Today I made Chilean Style sopaipillas. Delicious, if completely wrong and different from my grandmas. There are two things going on:
- her recipe is different and makes them somehow both less fluffy and less heavy
- I have no idea how to tell when they're done, and overcooked a lot of them

But holy crap have I wanted to eat these for a long time.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 878   Go Up