Nah, for me a good run feels good while I'm doing it, and there's another kind of good when it's over and I'm in the shower, and another kind of good when you feel it the next day. So much good.
This.
Yeah, but that's how it gets after you make it through the first coupla weeks of throwing your body into revolt. Right now JL needs to push through that wall.
And this.
Part of running is just an exercise in being really fuck*ng stubborn and saying "Fuck this fuck*ng hurts, but I AM GOING TO FINISH WHAT I SET OUT TO DO DAMMITTALL!"
Then you do hit spells where you hit the pace and you get the rhythm and you just sort of fly. That's nice. And you're outside, and it's quiet, and you can think. Then you start seeing results, and that's nice. And one day you get to the end of what you planned to run and you feel like keeping on, and you do.
But still, every time, that first half-mile or so I just have to gut out.