Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: 1 ... 745 746 [747] 748 749 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1350056 times)

0 Members and 147 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11190 on: March 23, 2012, 06:39:42 pm »

I just don't want to drive over anyone.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11191 on: March 23, 2012, 07:15:06 pm »

Oh god, someone turned it to the "Oldies" station at work that is mostly songs from the 80's, but right now they're playing the MTV Unplugged version of Nirvana's "All Apologies" and I am just feeling a wall of old hit me. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11192 on: March 23, 2012, 07:27:56 pm »

I planned to stop at every stop sign, but seriously... there is a stop sign every 3 seconds here. There is no road you can drive on (that isn't a 6 lane big road) that doesn't have a stop sign at every single tiny intersection.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11193 on: March 23, 2012, 08:21:30 pm »

I planned to stop at every stop sign, but seriously... there is a stop sign every 3 seconds here. There is no road you can drive on (that isn't a 6 lane big road) that doesn't have a stop sign at every single tiny intersection.

How's Chi-Town fixed for stop signs?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11194 on: March 25, 2012, 02:05:48 am »

Today I am going to hear someone ask, in response to a crawl talking about Cheney's heart transplant, "a human heart?"

There will be no end to jokes about this.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11195 on: March 26, 2012, 05:11:41 am »

At the last minute my GF called and asked if I had work this weekend. I didn't, so I drove up to their family's farm in small town Illinois. 20 miles outside of town felt further than I've ever been from civilization. You could look in every direction and see flat green fields up to the horizon. Helped feed the pigs, grilled steaks, made pancakes, sat in the sun and drank cold beers. Very satisfying. 3 hours later, here I am sitting in my house watching the Mad Men premiere online, only a few hours after it showed live on TV. I love the modern world.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11196 on: March 27, 2012, 05:44:27 pm »

...order $60 worth of chocolate bars from France, Belgium & Germany, along with a Mexican-style U.S. bean-to-bar chocolate brand, because Pedro read a book that convinced him that Americans eat too much because our food is crap, and if we ate things that tasted better we wouldn't be as fat.

I told him I would get him the world's most tricked-out Easter basket and we would put this theory to the test. In addition to the fancy, expensive, hard-to-get stuff, I'm also going to throw in some Lindt and Godiva, for comparison's sake.

And possibly a couple of bottles of good wine. Does anybody have a recommendation for something that pairs well with chocolate? Any type is fine, but I'd prefer at least one non-red because I can't tolerate the tannins, and I do expect him to share.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11197 on: March 27, 2012, 06:13:59 pm »

A Pinot Noir is nice with dark chocolate, and that's all I know about wine (other than aerate it).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11198 on: March 27, 2012, 06:15:25 pm »

It is, however, red.  I know little about non-red wines, other than I don't like them much.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11199 on: March 27, 2012, 08:25:51 pm »

I could certainly do one red and one white. Indeed, when I googled "chocolate and wine pairings," I got this page, which recommends strong, spicy wines with dark chocolate (which is mainly what I purchased). But it also recommends cognac with dark chocolates, which I actually have never tried. That could be fun.

I prefer the flavor of red wine, myself, but a single glass is enough to send me to bed with a splitting headache an hour later, so I avoid it as a rule.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11200 on: March 27, 2012, 11:09:22 pm »

man, living with a roommate who don't eat no swine makes me crave swine. Pork butt is on sale at work for $1.30/lb, so I am making some carnitas and swallowing my guilt.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11201 on: March 28, 2012, 12:22:35 am »

Fuck yo roommate. They can make their own damn food.

"I done told you and told you, I'm off the pig."
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11202 on: March 28, 2012, 12:24:47 am »

I dunno, I think eating a ton of tacos with delicious fatty intelligent animal parts goes with guilt pretty well. Maybe we can play this white guilt song while we pig out on pig.

OK, I don't want to turn into that annoying guy who talks about biking all the time even though he's had a bike for a week. From today forwards, you can imagine, if you want to, that the item "it was really nice out today and I rode my bike around and did errands and loved life" is in my post.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11203 on: March 28, 2012, 05:26:03 am »

Today I rode 6 or 7 miles. It was really nice. Biking at night (with proper lights, reflectors, etc!) is very pleasant. My butt does not like the seat for 6 miles, though.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11204 on: March 28, 2012, 12:33:46 pm »

We just got Danger Boy's bike tuned up for the season. He's really close to being able to ride it without training wheels; Pedro is going to take them off this weekend and take him to the parking lot at a local elementary school to show him how to balance. It's the same place Pedro learned to ride a bike; he got choked up just telling me his plan.

Pedro's bike is still in the shop. His needed a work on one of the gear shifts, and apparently the bike shop is backed up this time of year, go fig.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 745 746 [747] 748 749 ... 878   Go Up