Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Pages: 1 ... 753 754 [755] 756 757 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1345995 times)

0 Members and 168 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11310 on: April 16, 2012, 08:08:30 pm »

By that I'm saying "Gee, too bad I didn't piss away the weeks months and years waiting to watch this thing on the network schedule. It sux so hard drinking beer and watching six in a row."

Exactly what I say about everything on TV.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11311 on: April 17, 2012, 07:56:09 am »

when I was in scouts it was always called Boyscout Water. Oh the stuff we burned.

In scouts we called in lighter fluid. My troop always won the fire starting contests at those camp deals. Sometimes because we cheated, but also because we were just good at burning shit and had lots of practice. OK, mostly because we cheated.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11312 on: April 17, 2012, 09:04:33 pm »

went to the dentist a little hung over. I do not like the dentist. But for maybe the first time ever I got a "good job" on my dental habits. Awesome. There was glue on one of my teeth from my braces, which I got off in 2006. Why hadn't anyone noticed this before? Anyway, now it is gone and my molar feels all shiny and new.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11313 on: April 17, 2012, 10:56:12 pm »

my molar feels all shiny and new.

Like a virgin?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11314 on: April 17, 2012, 11:32:48 pm »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11315 on: April 18, 2012, 07:41:39 pm »

...notice that Ash's sig has morphed again.

I am, in fact, having adventures. To the point where if lunchtime arrives on a Saturday and we have not yet gone adventuring, Chaos Girl will wander in, tug on my sleeve, and say, "Mama? We gonna have a adventure today?"
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11316 on: April 18, 2012, 08:39:16 pm »

His sig changes weekly (daily?) - it's part of the ongoing wonder that is the Ash experience.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11317 on: April 19, 2012, 09:12:28 am »

I watched a couple of episodes of that Archer show tonight.  I found it entertaining.

Also, earlier tonight I ate a "Shot Blok," this kind of gummy candy that I got from a 10k I was in a few weeks ago. Apparently they were "energy chews" and now I am wired! Fuck, it's 4am!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11318 on: April 19, 2012, 12:00:11 pm »

paul is all hopped up on goofballs!
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11319 on: April 19, 2012, 03:44:40 pm »

Indeed I am.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11320 on: April 19, 2012, 06:13:13 pm »

Sorry, I was too busy being Phil Collins.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11321 on: April 19, 2012, 07:57:25 pm »

Today I'm gonna be sad I missed the DC United game last night. It was damp and gross out but the during the 12th minute the fans went silent because the team's biggest fan died this week (the fans being the twelfth man). I would've liked to see a stadium that normally won't stop singing and chanting go dead silent for a whole minute while the ball is still in play.

Frankly, any sport where the team doesn't support and publicize things like this or where the owner doesn't attend the tailgates is not a sport for me.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11322 on: April 19, 2012, 08:37:29 pm »

Dan Steinberg had an item on that today, with video. If I could be memorialized half as well as that dude, I'd consider myself lucky.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/dc-united-fans-honor-chico-solares/2012/04/19/gIQAfXxATT_blog.html
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11323 on: April 20, 2012, 04:06:48 am »

Had another weird experience where a STL native demanded that I move my car because it was parked in front of his house. Then my friends had a weird argument about whether that was an unreasonable request.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11324 on: April 20, 2012, 06:38:59 am »

my deal with that is please don't park in front of my mailbox during the day or trash cans on wednesdays, because our civil servants are the laziest fucknuts in town. if you're parked in front of my house regularly when you come to visit a friend, and there are spots in front of your friend's house, why do you got to do a thing? maybe somebody's coming to visit me and they want somewhere to park, you know? but i don't make a stink about it unless it turns into a regular thing.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 753 754 [755] 756 757 ... 878   Go Up