Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: 1 ... 758 759 [760] 761 762 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1344000 times)

0 Members and 181 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11385 on: April 24, 2012, 04:22:33 pm »

Cookbook may also be thinking the ingredients are moving more rapidly in the pan.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11386 on: April 24, 2012, 08:46:39 pm »

Today I went to a dawn service for ANZAC day in the rain in single digit temps. We say 'Lest we forget' and we better bloody not because cold and rain are bad enough, I'd hate to be shot at too.

Cookbook may also be thinking the ingredients are moving more rapidly in the pan.
This was my first thought too. Dudes at those places keep those veggies moving like crazy.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11387 on: April 24, 2012, 10:33:21 pm »

How fast can you run?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11388 on: April 24, 2012, 11:15:38 pm »

Cookbook may also be thinking the ingredients are moving more rapidly in the pan.

This. I have given up on following the instructions in recipes like that. I don't have a Chinese restaurant kitchen or Chinese restaurant cook skills and I never will, so I cook the garlic and ginger at medium heat until it is cooked the right amount.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11389 on: April 25, 2012, 12:23:01 am »

I also ignore the timing on the garlic and cook it until it smells right. I also find "hot pan, cold oil" works best for that part of the process.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11390 on: April 25, 2012, 12:28:30 am »

Garlic cooks fast, too.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11391 on: April 25, 2012, 01:30:38 am »

had one of those days
-- had a mind-bendingly hot customer who flirted with me really intensely. tattooed and pierced tall black punk lady pushes all of my buttons
-- immediately afterwards a woman my grandmother's age called me "fine."
-- later a customer told my manager that I am extremely helpful and "almost too courteous"
-- the girl who I think posted that craigslist missed connection about me was on the front page of the newspaper as a poster child for how tons of young, educated people are moving here
--my favorite dorky customer couple told me they downloaded Dwarf Fortress after I told them about it.

There are a few customers who remind me of alternate-universe versions of TOUAMBers. Today I saw "Bosnian Wombat" and realized I had never told you guys about those guys. Also included: August's Twin Bro, Australian Ash with a Mustache. Although the Ash with a Stache looks like what I imagined Ash looking like, not necessarily what he actually looks like.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11392 on: April 25, 2012, 03:07:06 am »

"Ash with a Stache" is my new (band name/porn move name).
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11393 on: April 25, 2012, 04:19:57 am »

"Ash with a Stache" is my new (band name/porn move name).

I know you meant movie, but it would also be an awesome name for a sex act, or porn move.

I like porn move as a term generally. Working on my porn moves.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11394 on: April 25, 2012, 05:12:01 am »

I MEANT WHAT I SAID.

(Not mad... I just like typing in caps.)



"Oh man... last night, Linda gave me a Portland Snorkel, so I repaid her with an Ash with a Stash."
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11395 on: April 25, 2012, 05:45:03 am »

I'm terrified to think of what the Australian Ash with a Stache could be.

Although the Ash with a Stache looks like what I imagined Ash looking like, not necessarily what he actually looks like.

Wait, you imagined Ash without a Stache?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11396 on: April 25, 2012, 06:03:07 am »

I'm terrified to think of what the Australian Ash with a Stache could be.

Surely it's just a regular Ash with a Stache, but upside down.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11397 on: April 25, 2012, 06:38:15 am »

Now I am realizing that Ash with a Stache looks like Ron Swanson a little.

Just got back from a cool basement punk show. Lots of shitty shitty local bands composed of kids who seemed 16. Then one pretty cool Canadian pop band. It was amazing going from a bunch of shitty young punk bands to a band that... had a real drummer and nice equipment and stuff. Plus I'm a sucker for the stoner girl group rock thing.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11398 on: April 25, 2012, 06:58:40 am »

had one of those days

Totally thought you were going another way with that.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11399 on: April 25, 2012, 05:16:49 pm »


Wait, you imagined Ash without a Stache?


I always imagined Ash as a 'stacheless, real-world version of his avatar pic (minus the angular hair craziness), and the cognitive dissonance created by adding him as a facebook friend and being confronted with his actual appearance has caused me to merge the two. Now the image of Ash in my head is like one of those lenticular pictures that changes depending on the viewing angle -- it has his avatar superimposed on his actual face, and usually my brain rests on the in-between phase where the two are imperfectly merged.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 758 759 [760] 761 762 ... 878   Go Up