Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: 1 ... 759 760 [761] 762 763 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1344434 times)

0 Members and 138 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11400 on: April 26, 2012, 02:04:25 am »

Oh man, I love the Portland Snorkel.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11401 on: April 26, 2012, 02:06:40 am »

I don't know if I've told the story... but I went snorkeling in the Florida Keys and REALLY enjoyed it. 

When I came home I googled "Portland snorkel" to see if there were any opportunities to do such things around here.

What I found is still the first hit.

Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11402 on: April 26, 2012, 02:13:30 am »

At least it wasn't a Rusty Venture
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11403 on: April 26, 2012, 06:03:45 am »

I always imagined Ash as a 'stacheless, real-world version of his avatar pic (minus the angular hair craziness), and the cognitive dissonance created by adding him as a facebook friend and being confronted with his actual appearance has caused me to merge the two. Now the image of Ash in my head is like one of those lenticular pictures that changes depending on the viewing angle -- it has his avatar superimposed on his actual face, and usually my brain rests on the in-between phase where the two are imperfectly merged.

I think I've always just pictured Ron Swanson sitting at the computer with an empty bottle of rum on its side next to him typing away. Well, I guess not always, but apparently my TOUAMB memory only goes back a couple years or so.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11404 on: April 28, 2012, 11:49:57 pm »

rode my bike a few miles, sat and ate pierogies and drank beer and watched my friends play music. Then biked back. Then watched Bob's Burgers and took a nap.

Woke up to the tornado siren going off. I went online to check what was going on, and suddenly looked up and realized it was PITCH BLACK out. Then the wind and hail started. So I grabbed my keys and shoes and wallet and ran downstairs. Some lady in my building was screaming CINDY, CINDY over and over. That wasn't fun. Don't know who/what to consult to find out what happened.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11405 on: April 28, 2012, 11:59:29 pm »

Dude, Dan, keep your goddamn head down.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11406 on: April 29, 2012, 12:09:44 am »

Nabu, is it possible that you and your wife caused this?  Like you made the earth move and such?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11407 on: April 29, 2012, 12:15:18 am »

There have been some crazy things happening due to issues I referred to elsewhere. Folks, don't get set in your ways. Sometimes change is good.

Dan, my wife is concerned for you. Be careful.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11408 on: April 29, 2012, 12:18:16 am »

Everything is fine now. I still can't find answers to questions like: was there actually a tornado? Just lots of twitter pictures of hail. One person died downtown when the tent they were in collapsed, but that was before the part that freaked me out? Maybe I slept through part of the storm.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11409 on: April 29, 2012, 12:25:39 am »

My wife says "thank god".
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11410 on: April 29, 2012, 02:09:41 am »

Today I talked to my mom, and she had the same chicken-fried steak experience as I just had. She said she and my dad took a bite, looked at each other, and he said "so.... pizza or chinese?" She says it is the only time my dad has refused to eat something she cooked, but he says that she was the one who said she wanted pizza, and he was steeling himself to shut up and eat it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11411 on: April 29, 2012, 02:23:46 am »

Could this perhaps be because even perfect chicken-fried steak is only marginally edible, so any small mistake sends it over the edge?

I guess I might be starting a big fight here. I guess I should admit that I have never had this dish because the entire concept is unappealing.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 02:54:18 am by wombat »
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11412 on: April 29, 2012, 02:48:31 am »

Good chicken-fried steak is goddamn delicious.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11413 on: April 29, 2012, 03:01:15 am »

as I was cooking it, I started wondering whether I have actually had it. Breaded and fried pork sounds a little more appealing to me. Some fried pork chops? yeahhh.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11414 on: April 29, 2012, 10:38:09 pm »

Maybe they didn't have white gravy?
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 759 760 [761] 762 763 ... 878   Go Up