Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Pages: 1 ... 762 763 [764] 765 766 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342933 times)

0 Members and 195 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11445 on: May 02, 2012, 01:11:26 pm »

That was extremely mysterious until I got to the part that you were running on a machine.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11446 on: May 02, 2012, 02:33:44 pm »

At my gym, the machines are in the centre with a track as an outer ring around the whole complex, so I regularly get crop dusted by men running on the track.  Retch. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11447 on: May 02, 2012, 04:30:05 pm »

shit. My older friend just posted a job listing that is essentially exactly what I have been waiting for since... I graduated in 2010? I definitely do not have the experience or the degree they want me to have. But holy shit do I want this job.

For some reason my immediate first impulse was to send the job to my more-qualified friend. Then I deleted that post, which made me feel like some sort of machiavellian genius. These things don't come to me naturally.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11448 on: May 02, 2012, 04:36:17 pm »

You're applying anyway, right? The worst they can do is nothing.

Today I'm gonna realize that my son's last day of school before track-out is a week from Friday, and then he's home for three weeks. So I panicked and called my hairdresser, my aesthetician, and the local Massage Envy (for which I have a gift card) and booked a massage, a Brazilian wax, an underarm wax, brow and 'stache threading, and haircuts for myself and my daughter.

Five self-care appointments in ten days. It's Me Week up in this piece.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11449 on: May 02, 2012, 05:15:45 pm »

for some reason "underarm wax" makes me flinch much more than "brazilian wax."

yeah, I am applying. They just asked for a resume and references... but this is secret code for "resume, references, and cover letter," right?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11450 on: May 02, 2012, 05:27:49 pm »

it's opposite-of-secret-code for 'resume, references, and cover letter'

often i do not include references with the resume and cover letter, instead remarking on the resume that 'references are available on request.' if they're impressed by my resume, i want them to talk to me before they talk to anybody else about me. if they won't put up with my twist on the game, i won't put up with them - it's a reverse filter, preventing companies i don't want to bother with from bothering with me.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11451 on: May 02, 2012, 06:25:47 pm »

But in this case they're asking for them up front... so is that still what I should do?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11452 on: May 02, 2012, 06:53:04 pm »

also, i've been a professional in my chosen career field for over a decade, so that's a major difference. until you're established, it's best to comply to the letter rather than play according to the spirit of the thing
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11453 on: May 02, 2012, 07:09:54 pm »

My mental picture of JL did not include a 'stache that required threading.  Updating...
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11454 on: May 02, 2012, 07:20:24 pm »

With brazilians, I like when they put the wax...places.

uhm.  Feels good.

Not sure an underarm waxing can compare.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11455 on: May 02, 2012, 09:32:52 pm »

Save that for the other thread, buster.

I can't conceive of a half-hour shower.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11456 on: May 02, 2012, 11:34:38 pm »

man, looking how many calories are in foods I love vs. how many calories biking for 10 miles burns is not a fun game. Trying to think of it as "I would have eaten this Little Debbie oatmeal cookie thing regardless, but at least I worked out."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11457 on: May 02, 2012, 11:40:27 pm »

Save that for the other thread, buster.

I can't conceive of a half-hour shower.

Other thread?

Is this an else-where thread? 

I am not found ... elsewhere.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11458 on: May 03, 2012, 12:05:17 am »

So I'm going to have to bring this up?

Quote
aesthetician

Really?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11459 on: May 03, 2012, 12:09:19 am »

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 762 763 [764] 765 766 ... 878   Go Up