Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: 1 ... 766 767 [768] 769 770 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1341684 times)

0 Members and 214 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11505 on: May 09, 2012, 02:19:32 am »

... Put down the cigarette and drop out of high school.

You continue to surprise me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11506 on: May 09, 2012, 07:13:33 am »

By listening to the Modern Lovers?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZuK9QREmcs

Also, I don't know if I said it earlier, but today I felt fuck*ng great.  Like, I was in the worst pain of my life this weekend, and it built up to that pain, and now, miraculously, my leg that has been swollen and insanely painful for three months isn't swollen or painful?  Crazy!  I can just feel like a knot in my back.  It is weird.  But, this weekend was caused by doing stuff, so I am still holding out for a bit.  I wanted so bad to shoot hoops or go to my friends work to make myself some prescription sunglasses, but I did neither to, you know, chill.  Oh yeah, the reason I am posting this though- I have taken vicodin every day for the last three weeks to a month and it hasn't really been getting me super high for a while, so, since I wasn't in pain I wasn't going to take it (only so I could get more high in future).  Only, then, I was in pain, but it was from not taking vicodin.  I got that familiar awful, awful headache that I instantly recognized from my brief opium dalliances.  So yeah, I took one.  Got to level myself off this shit.  1/2 tomorrow and the next day maybe and hopefully be cool, then have like 8 or so for spread out pleasure later on.  Ah yeah!
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11507 on: May 09, 2012, 05:36:13 pm »

I was just busting on you a little bit in connection to your comment about your earlier listening preferences.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11508 on: May 09, 2012, 08:09:07 pm »

Oh.  Like I said to a friend, nOthing can get me all high school angsty (in a good way) better than Pablo Picasso followed by I'm Straight.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11509 on: May 11, 2012, 01:33:08 am »

Today I ran into my customer who is heavily involved in the neighborhood where I applied to that job. I said "Hey, I applied to a job in your neighborhood!" Her face lit up and she knew exactly which job I was talking about. She immediately took out a pad of paper and made a note to write the head of the organization and tell them how great I am.

I knew one day talking to all of my customers about my life would pay off. (but really, this lady shook my hand and introduced herself the first time I rang her out... she is outside the bell curve of customer friendliness.)

Now I am cooking pasta with a tip JL gave me (cook the sauce with half meat and half mushrooms instead of all meat) and wishing I had picked up some beers after work. It feels like summer and I am happy about it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11510 on: May 11, 2012, 12:22:00 pm »

I knew one day talking to all of my customers about my life would pay off. (but really, this lady shook my hand and introduced herself the first time I rang her out... she is outside the bell curve of customer friendliness.)

Only Inev is awesome enough to take a gig as a grocery cashier and turn it into a networking opportunity. Nice work, dude. Hope it works out for you.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11511 on: May 11, 2012, 04:03:52 pm »

Inev is figuring out everything about life that it took me till my forties to learn. He is going to turn out OK.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11512 on: May 11, 2012, 04:13:12 pm »

Inev is figuring out everything about life that it took me till my forties to learn. He is going to turn out OK.

I'm pretty sure he's ahead of me on most stuff.

Today I'm going to sign Michelle Obama's Mother's Day card.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 01:04:53 am by Nabubrush »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11513 on: May 12, 2012, 01:07:16 am »

Ok, I tried to redact some shit up there (not that it really concerns me a whole lot) so I guess we'll see if everyone else gets to send her a card from me through that link.


Also, Romney came out and basically said "thanks, NC, for saying fuck you to gays, and please continue to stand behind me in fighting the 'good fight'."

What a colossal fuckhead.



I wonder if me leaving my info in that link explains why I have received several thank yous from Barack for signing my name.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11514 on: May 12, 2012, 01:10:18 am »

Nabu: you sure you want that data visible at a click or two?

It's a fair point the man makes, Nabubrush.  I just pretty easily found out that you rate Secretary as one of your favourite films.  Once you know that about a person, you can't ever really go back.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11515 on: May 12, 2012, 01:13:13 am »

It's a fair point the man makes, Nabubrush.  I just pretty easily found out that you rate Secretary as one of your favourite films.  Once you know that about a person, you can't ever really go back.

I know you are new around here, but it is inconceivable to me that you wouldn't have already figured that out.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11516 on: May 12, 2012, 01:50:22 pm »

Today I am going to hear someone say "Land Shark". That reference has to be 35 years old. I have a hard time believing the person who said it ever actually saw it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11517 on: May 12, 2012, 04:12:37 pm »

I like the deal where I am so busy that I look up and half the day is gone.

I DO NOT LIKE the deal where I am so busy that I look up and I feel like it's noon and it is only 8am.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11518 on: May 12, 2012, 05:53:26 pm »

Today I am going to hear someone say "Land Shark". That reference has to be 35 years old. I have a hard time believing the person who said it ever actually saw it.
Isn't that what YouTube is for?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11519 on: May 12, 2012, 06:12:07 pm »

You know, I was going to say "who randomly comes across Chevy Chase in a shark costume on YT?" but then I considered our YT thread.

(I'm guessing Lorne Michaels is still controlling where SNL snippets show up with an iron fist, though.)
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 766 767 [768] 769 770 ... 878   Go Up