Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 ... 788 789 [790] 791 792 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1343536 times)

0 Members and 202 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11835 on: August 11, 2012, 05:29:31 am »

So apparently while I have been gone my sister has become nearly fluent in Spanish. Which means we crossed the threshold for "while grandparents are in town, everyone but InEv and his dad will be speaking only Spanish." I feel like I have returned to a very different household.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11836 on: August 11, 2012, 06:25:00 pm »

Back from beach. Off to work.

THE FUN NEVER STOPS.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11837 on: August 12, 2012, 05:24:27 am »

My second phrase?

"I am Gotham's reckoning."
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11838 on: August 15, 2012, 03:47:46 pm »

the Oatmeal was right, then? We should be eating hosss instead of riding them.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11839 on: August 15, 2012, 05:00:06 pm »

I view mine as non-refrigerated stored goods.

In other words, I'm playing with my food until I need it.

the only problem is you cant cut what you want and ride the rest home.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11840 on: August 15, 2012, 10:42:19 pm »

Today, I had a skin tag removed from my back and if the birthday didn't prove I was old, very minor surgery to remove a skin tag surely does.

But I'm seein' the Rifftrax Live of MANOS tomorrow. That's something.

And then probably going down to NYC to do some poetry stuff.

And then to Cleveland for a wedding.

And then to LA to help my brother gold prospect in the Mojave Desert.

You know. A little grand tour in case Crazy People interpretations of Mayan calendars as accurate.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11841 on: August 16, 2012, 10:40:29 pm »

And then to LA to help my brother gold prospect in the Mojave Desert.
How does that work?  You don't have any streams to pan in, and playing with hydrocyanic acid and hard rock mining isn't for small time operations.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11842 on: August 16, 2012, 10:57:52 pm »

How does that work?  You don't have any streams to pan in, and playing with hydrocyanic acid and hard rock mining isn't for small time operations.
I wondered the same thing and googled around only to find a bunch of late-night informercial quality sales pitches.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11843 on: August 17, 2012, 04:18:52 pm »

He dug a well and bought a sluice.

He's WAY into this shit. Studying up on it was what kept him sane while housebound recovering from brain surgery so he is pretty committed to the deal.

I dunno. I'm just gonna show up in California City and hope I can help.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11844 on: August 17, 2012, 04:23:46 pm »

I guess if we see a dip in the price of gold we'll know where the extra supply is coming from.  Good luck.  At least you'll be spending some time together.  I like hanging with my bros, and don't do it enough - even though we all live within 100 miles of each other.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11845 on: August 17, 2012, 05:34:28 pm »

The Cecconi boys were basically always fated to be a coot and a curmudgeon, it was only a matter of time before we reached our goals.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11846 on: August 18, 2012, 06:53:26 pm »

Realize I know no one with an Xbox 360. 

I know it's not much, but I won 100 Xbox LIVE Points.  Anyone here want them?  PM me and I'll send you the code.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11847 on: August 20, 2012, 02:30:12 pm »

Did anyone take them, smells? If not, I can use them.

My BFF and I are getting really obsessive about our new jobs at the board game store. Saturday night after work we met at a bar because I had been kicking some ideas around with the owner and wanted to run them by her. We ended up back at the store looking at our game library and developing a program for an asynchronous competitive board gaming league. At midnight. Off the clock.

Today I texted her about something work-related even though the store isn't even open today and neither of us is working 'til Wednesday, and she texted me back that she was in the store talking to the owner about the new Magic event we're putting on the calendar for next week.

Maybe this is why we've gotten two raises in four weeks?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11848 on: August 20, 2012, 05:29:16 pm »

Smart boss.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11849 on: August 26, 2012, 12:37:14 am »

Living in a house where as soon as groceries are purchased they are consumed is making me shake up my usual routine. A few days ago I ended up with pinto beans with chopped up bacon, jalapenos and garlic, salsa verde, and mozzarella. Not at all a strange combination, but not one I had tried before. Delicious.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 788 789 [790] 791 792 ... 878   Go Up