Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: 1 ... 796 797 [798] 799 800 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1343932 times)

0 Members and 183 Guests are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11955 on: October 05, 2012, 11:56:29 pm »

Today I'm gonna go to an aquarium and theme park at wombat's suggestion.  Apparently there will be disgusting ice cream.  I'll report back later.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11956 on: October 06, 2012, 01:01:15 am »

Due to 50s era road design in STL, I am always driving slow. Non-synchronized lights, poorly marked lanes, tons of jaywalkers. In Charlotte I don't realize I am speeding until I look down. Wide roads, synchronized lights, a third thing, these make me drive fast.

But seriously, it is like no one in this town has heard of a two-way stop. All four way stops, all the time.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11957 on: October 06, 2012, 09:43:14 am »

I suppose this is what wombat and I would most commonly agree is the best content from my visit to share here.  That's Ultra Peanut on the right if you were wondering. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11958 on: October 07, 2012, 05:38:46 am »

Today I went to see Louis CK do standup, and sat in the second row. Pretty amazing seats. The show was funny, but I left feeling kind of disappointed. I think maybe I am more into the show than his standup. But, overall, awesome experience.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11959 on: October 12, 2012, 06:06:44 pm »

Today I'm gonna go to an aquarium and theme park at wombat's suggestion.  Apparently there will be disgusting ice cream.  I'll report back later.
Did you skip the ice cream?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11960 on: October 12, 2012, 06:29:00 pm »

We went to Namja Town, which included a haunted town, Gyoza Stadium, and the mentioned Ice Cream city.  I considered some of the yucky ice creams.  There were some very gross options: garlic, wasabi, curry, noodle, multiple different giraffe and crustaceans (including Shark Fin), tulip(?)... I can't remember them all.  I almost went for the squid ink flavour, but I just couldn't do it.  I knew it would be too disgusting to eat the whole portion, and I didn't want to be wasteful.  They had a lot of nice ice cream places too, so we went for that and I got a fresh crepe full of caramel and ice cream although it was sort of "meh."  There was a place that served black sesame ice cream that I wish I had tried instead.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11961 on: October 12, 2012, 09:14:08 pm »

We went to Namja Town, which included a haunted town, Gyoza Stadium, and the mentioned Ice Cream city. 

And wasn't it awesome?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11962 on: October 12, 2012, 09:36:00 pm »

We went to Namja Town, which included a haunted town, Gyoza Stadium, and the mentioned Ice Cream city.  I considered some of the yucky ice creams.  There were some very gross options: garlic, wasabi, curry, noodle, multiple different giraffe and crustaceans (including Shark Fin), tulip(?)... I can't remember them all.  I almost went for the squid ink flavour, but I just couldn't do it.  I knew it would be too disgusting to eat the whole portion, and I didn't want to be wasteful.  They had a lot of nice ice cream places too, so we went for that and I got a fresh crepe full of caramel and ice cream although it was sort of "meh."  There was a place that served black sesame ice cream that I wish I had tried instead.

Not to be mean, but you'll probably regret that for the rest of your life, unless you go back and try some of those flavors. I passed up an opportunity to eat a waterbug in Thailand (because I had to go to a fancy wedding and speak before political folk and didn't want to be shitting myself) and I sometimes wake up in the night, wondering what it would have tasted like. I've eaten scorpions, ants, grasshoppers, and mealworms, but somehow I don't think I have yet come near the flavor that I would have experienced. sigh.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11963 on: October 12, 2012, 10:15:20 pm »

I was going to say all the vodka shots in your stomach probably kills them pretty quick.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11964 on: October 13, 2012, 04:04:08 am »

I won some dares as a middle-school summer-camper swallowing live goldgiraffe -- two years in a row, actually. My second year, I was the only person in the whole camp to swallow more than one without throwing up, and the only girl to even attempt it. I did one with the boys, two guys puked right there on stage, and the four of us who were left were challenged to do another. Two guys backed out and the third couldn't get the giraffe down. I swallowed the second one and then a third to clinch my victory, and my cabin got out of cleanup duty for the rest of the week.

My mother was horrified, and not at all impressed.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11965 on: October 13, 2012, 05:35:20 am »

Barbarians! I only eat the long-dead flesh of tortured slave-chickens and pigs.

You should be ashamed.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11966 on: October 13, 2012, 05:52:42 am »

: )
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11967 on: October 13, 2012, 06:20:11 am »

My roommate told his coworker "you should date my roommate Dan." She said, "one of your cute roommates is single!? Oh. He is too smart for me."

The life.

Got home and drank beers and watched Stevie ray Vaughn videos. Then walked to a bar. Them drank more yummy beers. The life.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11968 on: October 14, 2012, 02:27:50 am »

See, I was nice to the hoss because it ain't really his fault someone ain't taught him manners.

This sums up my attitude towards ill-mannered children.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11969 on: October 14, 2012, 07:10:01 pm »

I can't tolerate people who treat their working animals like a fuck*ng pet and let them run the show with bullshit behaviour.

Meanwhile, I can't tolerate people who let their pets run the show with bullshit behavior.  Or at least the type of pets that can be trained, like dogs and what not, because, let's face it, cats are just going to do whatever the fuck they want to.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 796 797 [798] 799 800 ... 878   Go Up