Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 ... 797 798 [799] 800 801 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1343950 times)

0 Members and 182 Guests are viewing this topic.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11970 on: October 15, 2012, 11:41:08 am »

... fear and pity the person I'm becoming as I notice I'm dreading the weekends and relishing the beginning of the work week. Only 35 and already fidgeting in my seat bored to tears by the movie. There's a sin somewhere in here.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 11:54:49 am by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11971 on: October 15, 2012, 12:41:46 pm »

More likely virtue. The way you can tell being that virtue has the punishment built in.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11972 on: October 15, 2012, 04:55:20 pm »

Only 35 and already fidgeting in my seat bored to tears by the movie. There's a sin somewhere in here.
I'll save the seat in the Devil's sauna next to me for you.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11973 on: October 16, 2012, 02:27:23 am »

Jump!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11974 on: October 16, 2012, 02:54:28 am »

Super Rad.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11975 on: October 16, 2012, 03:47:53 am »

Today I had a really fuck*ng bad day.

I was woken up by my girlfriend saying that she was leaving and her mother and brother were an hour away, from Connecticut, to get their stuff.

I knew we were in a rough patch because she'd been overworked, having taken on costuming a play as a second job but...

I figured we were gonna work it out afterwards.

NOPE.

She said she can't "wait" for me anymore, because I've had a hard time finding work up here and because apparently cooking and cleaning for her, driving her into work on tired days, talking her through her hassles and providing her free room and board while she went back to school through my folks didn't count for anything.

She took the car because she probably paid for like two thirds of it. Our phones are in her name.

I am 33, nearly broke, carless, cellphoneless, jobless, with a useless degree and fuck*ng alone up here.

Holy shit. I am having a fuck*ng bad day.

She's got a bipolar disorder, I think that working too much while going to school pushed her over the edge and her mother sunk her claws in by phone.

Her mom's an insane Long Island social climber who only approved of me insofar as I was a guy and not a girl. My c*ck was the only thing she approved of about me because Adrian's dated women too at times.

I don't know.

I don't fuck*ng know.

I am numb and I have had an honest to God really fuck*ng bad day, holy shit. Holy shit.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11976 on: October 16, 2012, 04:55:09 am »

Oh no!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11977 on: October 16, 2012, 07:11:18 am »

dude, fuck.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11978 on: October 16, 2012, 09:38:02 am »

On the other hand only one string of ellipses that whole post.

Too soon? Possibly.

That is a Hunt's move to do to a man and I hear you putting it on her mother but she is the one who pulled the trigger and maybe you don't need that sort of person in your life.

I hope I'm wrong and she's just going through a rough patch and you'll talk and by next week it'll be sunshine and blow jobs but honestly my first thought in reading that post is: work status notwithstanding, you're obviously doing a bit for this girl and she didn't think you were worth some discussion before she bailed on your life. Maybe the opportunity to enjoy the company of people who appreciate Mike a little more ain't such a bad thing. Starting with appreciating yourself, of course.

Sorry, I skipped dinner to study and so am being hell of judgemental on a person and situation I don't know but that would be a shitty thing to happen to someone I didn't think was a good person, so I can't see you deserving it.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 09:41:41 am by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11979 on: October 16, 2012, 11:02:29 am »

I am 33...

You are only 33.  You are a young man, with a long life ahead of you and the freedom to start over and do anything.  You have nothing left to lose, and therefore everything to gain. As much as I love my life, I sometimes look at my unencumbered friends and get nostalgic for that time.  I remember the exact moment when I realized I was finally over my last relationship and that I could simply open my heart and love anybody, could choose to do whatever I wanted to do.  I think it was the freest moment of my life.  It was a terrifying but wonderful time.  I don't envy the pain you're in now, but I do envy the place it will bring you to (if you let it).

I know you're a johnny-pessimist-##### by nature, and that this feels like The End, but I've always been a fan of the snake shedding its skin and the phoenix rising from the ash, and brother, you've been long over-due for a new beginning.  You're a storyteller, and your next story starts now.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11980 on: October 16, 2012, 11:42:18 am »

So I fell for the advertising...

...And we be ready to test that mofo out!



...But cars don't have plate glass windows, and is that a diving board off the edge of a cliff outside your house?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11981 on: October 16, 2012, 11:52:17 am »

and brother, you've been long over-due for a new beginning.

This, this. It's all about cycles, dude. Comedy is just tragedy plus time or someshit. How was the story? King asks mage for a talisman that will make him less prone to despair, or to dangerously blinding euphoria. Mage gives him a ring with "This too shall pass" engraved in it. Eventually the wheel turns but you gotta hold. I've been in moderate(external)-heavy(internal) shit for a while, but climbed out of it. It was slow and painful, but I think it made me better, at least a lot more self-resilient. I know this amounts to shit right now but I guess I'm trying to say there are dicky strangers whom you never met and never will who care. Keep your shit together brother.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11982 on: October 16, 2012, 12:36:05 pm »

What Smells said.

I can see how hard this is because she was the only thing that had been stable in your life for so long. I mean, hell, this was something that was stable in my life for so long that I said "Noooo" and you're only imaginary, you know?  But maybe being cut loose from the only thing that was stable in a situation that wasn't getting any better, is for the best. 

And especially, you have no idea how young 33 is. You have time to do anything except maybe be an Olympic figure skater.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11983 on: October 16, 2012, 12:55:06 pm »

And especially, you have no idea how young 33 is. You have time to do anything except maybe be an Olympic figure skater.

Hey man, don't crush his dream.

Dude.  Duuuude... I know this has got to suck for you right now, but be cool. Listen to Smells, she knows some shit. Whatever happens, always remember that we are here for you to give you an imaginary hug... pat on the back... kick in the ass.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11984 on: October 16, 2012, 01:50:36 pm »

Aw hell LFM, that sucks bad.  Sorry.

I'm a little late to the party, so most of it's been said already.  But hey, we believe in you and are here for you.  You're an intelligent, talented guy and you deserve better treatment.  Hang in there, things will swing your way.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 797 798 [799] 800 801 ... 878   Go Up