Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Pages: 1 ... 802 803 [804] 805 806 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349107 times)

0 Members and 207 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12045 on: October 25, 2012, 11:55:45 pm »

The only person who needs a pocket oximeter is someone with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12046 on: October 26, 2012, 07:20:05 am »

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12047 on: October 26, 2012, 12:56:15 pm »

what's the benefit of nextdoor? our neighborhood uses facebook groups for communication, and a texting tree for emergencies. i'm curious what nextdoor has to offer, but not curious enough to register.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12048 on: October 26, 2012, 05:59:49 pm »

Choop, I think integrating neighborhood chats into facebook is probably the better way. Nextdoor has the advantage of letting you make sections for things like recommendations for local services. You can also view people's "neighbor profile" which lists things like which block/house they live in (if they want), interests, how many kids they have of what ages, etc. I mostly joined so I could get rid of the email mailing list, so I won't get a huge chain of emails every time someone hears a freaking firework go off.

I have not jumped anything lately. Today I am sick in bed.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12049 on: October 26, 2012, 07:02:03 pm »

I think I am going to "jump" a few blocks to the soul food place that has really good chicken n dumplings, and then jump over to some thrift stores to look for a halloween costume idea.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12050 on: October 26, 2012, 07:48:23 pm »

Inev, me and you are very different, but also very similar in our heads I think.  I am trying to live without fear and it is going very well- you can totally do it.  My advice is become somewhat tough/have confidence in your self reliance (not necessarily money- almost more have confidence in your toughness/ability to survive)  and remember to say fuck you to death/consequences every chance you get.  It may be hard for a while, but do it where you can and slowly you'll start doing it more.  My big fears are women, stage fright, large social situations and death.  I have basically overcome two and half way overcome the other two.  I also recommend doing things and dressing in ways that make you kind of the center of attention (even though that is a fear I am cool with- the fear of being a self promoting prick, but just do it), and you will totally notice everyone staring at you and shit.  This makes you uncomfortable at first, but eventually helps with all of your fears (or did with me).
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12051 on: October 27, 2012, 06:27:42 pm »

Trying to figure out which to dread more: the approaching storm or the election right afterwards.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12052 on: October 30, 2012, 06:33:07 pm »

Shit-damn Hallelujah to that!

WE RAN DOW THE WHOLE ROAD.






Riding a hoss that is galloping and sometimes jumping over shit has got to be the most exhillerating speed rush. I have jumped out of airplanes, ski'd black diamonds, and driven fast cars, and it is all bullshit compared to riding a living animal with a mind of it's own, moving over or around obstacles.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12053 on: October 31, 2012, 06:04:07 pm »

Today, my roommate told us he has decided to move to Chicago once it gets warm again, and he wants some of us to come with him. Ahhhh.

It is very upsetting to me that this sounds really appealing. And of course, this meant I had dreams all night about moving to Chicago and making out with my ex.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12054 on: October 31, 2012, 10:16:52 pm »

Looks like cost is inversely proportional to the chance of getting the critter.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12055 on: October 31, 2012, 10:51:24 pm »

Aren't carnivores supposed to taste terrible? Or is that an old hunter's wives' tale?

Today I'm gonna decorate for Halloween at the last minute and light up my pumpkin and fill a basket with candy. Looks like I'm the only one on the block - the crazy guy who does a whole graveyard in his front yard didn't decorate this year. And we're the last block before the business district so we're kind of a trick-or-treating dead end that kids seem to skip at the best of times. But dammit, it's Halloween, it's our last authentic folk tradition, and if anyone comes I'm damn well gonna be here.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12056 on: November 01, 2012, 01:43:00 pm »

Lighter turnout for trick-or-treaters than in years past. We had some kids, just not a lot. I think with it being a bit chilly, still damp from the storm, and mid-week, folks just didn't keep their kids out as long as usual. Which means we have a big ol' bucket of leftover candy.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12057 on: November 01, 2012, 02:10:51 pm »

Huh, maybe I'm gonna find out what wolf or catamount tastes like.
at first glance my brain parsed that as 'catamite' and i went WTF

Lighter turnout for trick-or-treaters than in years past. We had some kids, just not a lot. I think with it being a bit chilly, still damp from the storm, and mid-week, folks just didn't keep their kids out as long as usual. Which means we have a big ol' bucket of leftover candy.
we have neighbors a couple blocks over who ran out of candy because of so many kids, but we probably had fewer than 30 total, which leaves me SO MANY DUM-DUMS. why do people hate on dum-dums? they're awesome but on every 'worst halloween candy' list. show of hands, who likes dum-dums?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12058 on: November 01, 2012, 02:25:45 pm »

show of hands, who likes dum-dums?

Despite the deeply held emotional association with childhood visits to the doctor's office and its inevitable vaccinations, I like Dum-Dums.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12059 on: November 01, 2012, 07:07:39 pm »

show of hands, who likes dum-dums?

They're better than no candy at all, but only just.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 ... 802 803 [804] 805 806 ... 878   Go Up