Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: 1 ... 815 816 [817] 818 819 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348478 times)

0 Members and 209 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12240 on: December 03, 2012, 04:40:05 pm »


Recently we were having a really circle-jerky conversation about guitar playing and how we all have very different styles. I thought it was funny that I basically got labeled the classic rock guy. If only  you guys knew how corny and bluesy my guitar playing is. Not really keeping with the inev stereotype. I do not understand how to play guitar riffs that are not just simple blues things. These other dudes are playing all kinds of skronky shit and I just can't do it. Working on it, though... one day I will play shit that LFM would just hate.

Just be glad you can make music come out of the funny shaped box.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12241 on: December 03, 2012, 04:40:09 pm »

What in the HELL is going on here? Was that even English?
Dude's got a hernia.
Took me a moment to realize he wasn't making some sort of elliptical cancer reference.

Also, truss:


At first glance they look like crotchless panties for dudes, but the idea is there is compressive support of the inguinal rings where the intestines are intruding.  There are some pretty horrific pictures of untreated hernias on the Google - be warned if your curiosity leads to further searches.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 04:48:49 pm by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12242 on: December 03, 2012, 05:08:37 pm »

A person thinking David Bowie covered "that Dinosaur Jr song Quicksand" is an important way to find out that they are irredeemably crazy.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12243 on: December 03, 2012, 06:51:21 pm »

Today, a girl tried to condescendingly tell me that Hank Williams' "Ramblin Man" is a cover of the Allman Brothers.

No amount of explanation would convince her that I was right, and she was the silly one. Even when I told her that he was from the 1940s she just kind of sighed and said, "sure, whatever, I think you should look it up."

That's hilarious. What's even more hilarious is that I had a very similar conversation nearly 30 years ago with a not too bright lady who complained that Bob Dylan's cover version of All Along the Watchtower sucked. I tried, but she couldn't be convinced that Dylan actually wrote the song. She couldn't be convinced that it doesn't suck either. However, she could be convinced to let me fuck her so, you know, whatever.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12244 on: December 03, 2012, 07:18:43 pm »

That's hilarious. What's even more hilarious is that I had a very similar conversation nearly 30 years ago with a not too bright lady who complained that Bob Dylan's cover version of All Along the Watchtower sucked. I tried, but she couldn't be convinced that Dylan actually wrote the song. She couldn't be convinced that it doesn't suck either. However, she could be convinced to let me fuck her so, you know, whatever.

That kind of supports my theory.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12245 on: December 03, 2012, 09:43:09 pm »

Dude's got a hernia.

Doc, bringin' the science.

Go easy on yourself, Ash. For shit's sake, take a damn BREAK now and then.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12246 on: December 04, 2012, 02:32:44 am »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12247 on: December 04, 2012, 11:19:35 pm »

Oingo Boingo covered 'Elevator Man', which was originally sung by the Doors.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12248 on: December 05, 2012, 05:09:41 am »

Learn that Cadbury Wunderbars aren't commonly available in the US.  No Hawkins Cheezies, and no Wunderbars?  I guess we need a thicker layer of fat up here.

Hawkins Cheezies? What other kind of crazy shit do you guys have up there? Ketchup potato chips?

I guess you can find those down here, but the first kind I ever had were the Old Dutch brand. I quite liked them.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12249 on: December 05, 2012, 05:13:47 am »

That's hilarious. What's even more hilarious is that I had a very similar conversation nearly 30 years ago with a not too bright lady who complained that Bob Dylan's cover version of All Along the Watchtower sucked. I tried, but she couldn't be convinced that Dylan actually wrote the song. She couldn't be convinced that it doesn't suck either. However, she could be convinced to let me fuck her so, you know, whatever.

In her defense, the Hendrix cover fuck*ng kills, so much so that I think Dylan more or less has been performing a cover version ever since.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12250 on: December 05, 2012, 02:28:25 pm »

What's worse than not getting a seat on the bus and having to stand the whole way?

Having to stand the whole way with a shitty driver who alternately hits the gas and brake too hard. At one point she slammed the brakes so hard we all nearly fell over. Not sure why, as she had plenty of following distance from the car ahead of her. Fun way to start the day.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12251 on: December 05, 2012, 06:39:23 pm »

Self fulfilling prophesy
Logged
[expletive deleted]

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12252 on: December 05, 2012, 09:56:10 pm »

If you don't let it, it won't. That day a couple weeks ago when I hit that fox, nay, SMOKED that fox, I still managed to party and have a good time. We went out to a crazy bar in the villiage we were marooned in, populated by nose ring-ed locals and crazies in halloween costumes well into november. Even the Fox didn't seem upset, lying there dead with a big stupid grin on his face and his tongue hangin' out the side.

Have an amazing day!
Logged
[expletive deleted]

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12253 on: December 05, 2012, 10:25:38 pm »

...fall while ice skating and break my wrist. please excuse the lack of capital letters for a while.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12254 on: December 05, 2012, 11:10:42 pm »

Sorry to hear this wombat!  I hope it heals quickly and well.  Also I will refrane from jokes about wearing a human cone of shame as long as you keep from licking it.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 815 816 [817] 818 819 ... 878   Go Up