Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 ... 822 823 [824] 825 826 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1343298 times)

0 Members and 185 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12345 on: December 19, 2012, 02:04:24 am »

Pajamas, that might have been it. What is the deal with going to school in pajamas?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12346 on: December 19, 2012, 02:18:25 am »

It's the laziest spirit week theme day ever.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12347 on: December 19, 2012, 03:27:04 am »

Today I'm gonna read this link:

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/151z5j/male_redditors_what_hints_have_girls_given_you/

And today 'Nev is gonna read this link.

And then someday, whenever we meet in real life, I will buy him a beer and we will talk about how we each imagined ourselves in each and every one of those situations.

There will be manly tears.

And then we will battle a bear. AND WIN. I WILL THROW YOU AT THE BEAR LIKE COLOSSUS THROWS WOLVERINE AND WE WILL WIN.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12348 on: December 19, 2012, 04:31:09 am »

One of those stories is mine. It did not get internet points because I was about to leave for work and didn't have time to include every excruciating detail.

Recently either every lady loves inev, or I am losing my loves-inev-dar. I am getting Vibes from pretty much everyone. The other night, while drunk, I found out that all of the girls I was getting vibes from have boyfriends. What gives.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 04:40:43 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12349 on: December 19, 2012, 04:45:27 am »

Jesus, this one is nearly identical to mine. I remember thinking, "man, I wonder why she wants to show me that she can put her ankles behind her head? Maybe she doesn't realize how sexual that is."

While I was in bed with her. And we had just kissed and did 3rd-base-style stuff for a very long time. This was when I was pretty firmly in my "girls don't want sex" phase.

The good news is, she told all of my female friends that I was an incredible kisser and other-stuff doer. Also, something nice about my c*ck.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12350 on: December 19, 2012, 08:01:45 am »

It's the laziest spirit week theme day ever.
my school did that once. third period, one of the tall popular guys with facial hair got sent home. i'm trying to think of a funny way to say "his dick popped out, probably not on accident, in the middle of a class." no more pajama day during spirit week, ever.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12351 on: December 19, 2012, 02:07:11 pm »

I hope that will not be a problem at my daughter's elementary school.

In related news, today is "'80's Day." I was a little horrified at the thought until I realized that when I was in school we had "'60's Day," which probably horrified my parents to an equal degree. I think that retro-themed spirit days are specifically designed to make parents feel old.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12352 on: December 19, 2012, 02:33:37 pm »

So basically either I am really old or this is something that isn't done in NYC schools. What is a "sprit day" and why?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12353 on: December 19, 2012, 03:01:26 pm »

We typically had Spirit Week at my schools, usually twice a year, for a week, each day would be a silly theme like pajama day, crazy hat day, bad hair day, fav. sports team day, etc. and those who wanted to participate would come dressed accordingly, there would be prizes and special games at lunch and such.  Often the week would end with a car rally (a scavenger hunt in cars) or a gym riot (silly team games).  It was an attempt to build school spirit, but I recall the car rallies and gym riots always ended up including some illegal activity and/or injury.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12354 on: December 19, 2012, 03:05:45 pm »

They call it "spirit week" and each day has a different theme. Our high school used to do it in conjunction with the homecoming football game, and the day of the big game (usually Friday) was always "school colors" day. It's trickled down to middle schools and elementary schools over the years -- we didn't have spirit week in grade school when I was a kid, but we did have it at my middle school. Of course, without a big sports event to center it around, it makes less sense, so with elementary kids they randomly choose a week and sometimes tie it in with a fundraiser.

It's supposed to instill school pride and a sense of community, but really it's mostly viewed as an excuse to dress up in silly costumes for a week.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go see if I still have my crimping iron.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12355 on: December 19, 2012, 08:47:19 pm »

Pajamas, that might have been it. What is the deal with going to school in pajamas?
It was a thing in the elementary schools around here for kids to come on their birthdays in pajamas.  I recall being very disappointed during the first year that I was back in the US that my birthday would never occur during the school year and so I'd never get to come to school in my PJs.  Ultimately this was for the best, as my finely honed observational skills had failed to note that it was only the girls that did this.  My first years back in the US would have been even more excruciating than just being a tiny, brown, weird-accented new kid.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12356 on: December 20, 2012, 05:19:53 pm »

I always did whatever I wanted. That worked out pretty well for me. Once I showed up to school with a blue and red bandana tied around my right shin. I didn't even think about it, just tied em on there, thinking it looked cool. I got to school, and some kid started making fun of me for dressing like punky brewster. After we fought, I decided that bandanas around my leg would not be my new style, but kids did not make fun of me, either. I think in elementary school, violence is the best way to resolve problems.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12357 on: December 20, 2012, 05:21:55 pm »

Huh. I wore bandanas around my knees in grade school in the hopes that looking like Punky Brewster would make someone want to talk to me.

Misguided then as ever, I supposed.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12358 on: December 20, 2012, 07:01:55 pm »

Did it work?
Logged
[expletive deleted]

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12359 on: December 20, 2012, 07:04:39 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 822 823 [824] 825 826 ... 878   Go Up