Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 ... 827 828 [829] 830 831 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342526 times)

0 Members and 186 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12420 on: January 02, 2013, 02:40:05 pm »

The wife and I saw the Roots on NYE. They were frickin' awesome. Best New Years in quite a while.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12421 on: January 02, 2013, 03:11:01 pm »

i woke up this morning with a project in my brain. i don't have the money, skill, or time to bring it to fruition, so i offer it up here in case someone does, and to see whether i'm right (it would be fun and viable) or just depraved.

a coffee table book containing full-page photos of topless lookalikes of all the first ladies, recreating their official portraits, with accurate hair, makeup, and jewelry. opposite, a short fake biography and an inappropriate quote.

i just think that would be hilarious and awesome.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12422 on: January 02, 2013, 06:21:37 pm »

exactly
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12423 on: January 02, 2013, 07:21:21 pm »

Frances Cleveland!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12424 on: January 02, 2013, 08:34:12 pm »

Dolly Madison was a real zinger.

Hey-o!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12425 on: January 03, 2013, 12:01:24 am »

TIG feel especially pitiful because I am sick on NYE for the second year in a row. I am already seeing pics of my friends out partying and I'm gonna be home alone. Boo!

I stayed home on purpose. NYE is bullshit. Times square is bullshit. If you were not sick, you would pick out the cats you dig the most and spend a night with them and make a toast or two. You can do that any day of the year and you should. There, now I just made you feel pitiful for feeling pitiful. HOW ABOUT DEM APPLES PMCD9 PAUL.


... am I a shithead or a motivational bitcher? ???
Logged
[expletive deleted]

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12426 on: January 03, 2013, 12:33:17 am »

I stayed home on purpose. NYE is bullshit. Times square is bullshit. If you were not sick, you would pick out the cats you dig the most and spend a night with them and make a toast or two. You can do that any day of the year and you should. There, now I just made you feel pitiful for feeling pitiful. HOW ABOUT DEM APPLES PMCD9 PAUL.


... am I a shithead or a motivational bitcher? ???
Dude, I am an NYE grinch too, but everyone knows that Paul loves big events and parties as much as he pleases. Let the man have his feelings.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12427 on: January 03, 2013, 12:45:44 am »

I think NYE is a stupid holiday, but I'm an introvert who seldom drinks and prefers to go to bed early, so no big shock there.

NYE was made for guys like Paul, tho, and I'm sorry he missed it.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12428 on: January 03, 2013, 05:33:09 am »

My folks came over so I wouldn't be alone on NYE. They brought me a ROKU so we watched a silly horror movie from the 50s. Then we drank a toast and took silly photos.

After they left I sat on the porch and watched the neighbors shoot off firecrackers and guns.

All in all it turned out not too bad.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12429 on: January 03, 2013, 08:34:43 pm »

I did not know about the flames and stripper pole. Sorry for my misguided attempt at scornfully cheering you up.

The Chinese New year this year is on Feb 10, you can always rock that!
Logged
[expletive deleted]

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12430 on: January 03, 2013, 09:04:13 pm »

It's not a stripper pole, it's a safety pole. To my knowledge no one has ever stripped on my car. As Carlos can attest, there have been naked ladies on my car, but they were already naked when they got on.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12431 on: January 03, 2013, 11:40:59 pm »

...order a dozen cupcakes to be delivered tomorrow and call it a get well present to myself.

This is what happens when I am left home alone all day for too long.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12432 on: January 04, 2013, 12:33:11 am »

...order a dozen cupcakes to be delivered tomorrow and call it a get well present to myself.


I just spent way too much time learning about cupcake delivery in my city.  They are insanely expensive here.  Unattainably so.  Which is probably best.  Otherwise, you may have just ruined me.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12433 on: January 04, 2013, 12:41:27 am »

It is ridiculously expensive but not quite unattainably. But expensive enough that I will definitely not do something similar for my birthday since it's only a couple of weeks from now. But I need it worse now.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12434 on: January 04, 2013, 05:11:06 pm »

Expensive cupcakes are horriblarious. I was in new york a few weeks ago, to see a friend's stand up act, and stopped in a times square bakery with a LINE OUT THE DOOR, to buy SIX CUPCAKES for TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS. Every step of the process made me want to scream but the girlfriend insisted. The confections were mediocre at best, cake mix quality, and watching my girlfriend stop and gift a 4 dollar cupcake with zero nutritional value to a homeless man was who could probably have used a toothbrush and a can of beans or tuna... was priceless. Seriously, her guilt at wanting some lacey pudding and marie-antoinette style overcompensating was just too much. Sure, it looked silly from a distance, but if you think about WHY she was doing it, it was really sweet. Like... a cupcake.


edit: Also, Paul, that car is sick. I can't imagine any stripper not wanting to get down on that pole.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 05:15:40 pm by doomglobe »
Logged
[expletive deleted]
Pages: 1 ... 827 828 [829] 830 831 ... 878   Go Up