Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: 1 ... 834 835 [836] 837 838 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1341733 times)

0 Members and 211 Guests are viewing this topic.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12525 on: January 24, 2013, 09:19:47 pm »

Presumably your dealer let you have the first hit for free.  Ice climbing looks like an equipment-intensive pastime.

It cost me about 500 bucks on top of the rock climbing stuff I already owned, on craigslist/ebay. Nicer gear would have run me 1500 easy. Still, once you have the equipment, the climbing itself tracks the price of gasoline and campgrounds. I'd say by the hour, it is fairly inexpensive. Or at least reasonable.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12526 on: January 25, 2013, 04:36:45 am »

Do you kill aminals with that boomstick? Nice view!
Logged
[expletive deleted]

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12527 on: January 25, 2013, 07:58:49 am »

well, that lady stopped responding to my texts in the middle of planning a date, after I answered a question about where I work. So I guess I'm not quite Arthur Millering yet. Whatever lady, at least I have a job.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 08:03:33 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12528 on: January 25, 2013, 11:17:40 am »

well, that lady stopped responding to my texts in the middle of planning a date, after I answered a question about where I work.

If that's what happened (ditching you b/c of your job), then good for you. No one needs that type of people in their lives.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12529 on: January 25, 2013, 01:25:07 pm »

Yeah that is obviously just as well.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12530 on: January 25, 2013, 04:34:38 pm »

yeah, duh. This is why I was expressing surprise that she was into me. She presented herself absolutely as a very ambitious law student who wants to date, like, some kind of very ambitious dude. I was very forthcoming with a lot of things about my life (trying to figure things out while I work a cruddy job, thinking about applying to grad school, etc) and she kept acting really interested. Who knows. Maybe something else I did bothered her and I'm just projecting my insecurities about my job onto the situation.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 04:40:42 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12531 on: January 25, 2013, 05:03:45 pm »

You know, we could be wrong about this. Maybe she's really planning to sneak around your store and check you out in person before making a decision. Or maybe her phone battery died.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12532 on: January 25, 2013, 06:25:27 pm »

Either way it works out, Inev's a winner. A lonely winner, but still.

All winners are lonely.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12533 on: January 25, 2013, 06:37:06 pm »

I hear it's lonely at the top.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12534 on: January 25, 2013, 10:01:44 pm »

I hear it's lonely at the top.

At least according to all these mountain pictures it is.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12535 on: January 25, 2013, 10:10:52 pm »

I'm a 14er in the summer type of cat, sometimes they get so crowded on top it's hard to even smoke my victory joint.  Don't worry though people, I always find a way.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12536 on: January 25, 2013, 11:10:03 pm »

Practice for our kids' lacrosse league starts a week from yesterday.  Despite 4 years of being told I'm good at this, I'm occasionally feeling antsy and imposterish.  The club continues to grow - we'll have Boys Under-11, Under-13, Under-15 and High School teams for sure.  It would be nice if we could actually put together a girls' team, but that has been a carrot just out of reach since the club began.  We get 6-7 girls at various age groups, and it takes a minimum of 12 to field a team - and 16-18 to be competetive (there is a lot-a-lot-a-lot of running).  My own daughter is more interested in basketball these days; she plays lacrosse just to have something to do with me (and I bet playing at friends' houses in the neighborhoods will be her choice this year).  Anyway, with that many teams we're going to have to dig into the parent pool for support.  There's just too many pubescent males running around and goofing in lines during drills for the 2 or 3 experienced coaches we have.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12537 on: January 28, 2013, 07:36:10 pm »

...hang out with a Supreme Court justice I went to high school with. And like 75 of our closest friends.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12538 on: January 28, 2013, 07:54:39 pm »

I don't particularly hate Mondays, but I know whereof you speak with antsy nighttime dog behavior.  Probably....4 nights a week?... my dog gets wind of something violating her territory (of vast and unknown scope) and starts running up and down the bed (over me) panting and huffing urgently.  Once the slider to the backyard (halfway across the house) is opened for her she will fling herself into the night, and will return after just enough time that you've come fully awake.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12539 on: January 28, 2013, 08:13:35 pm »

When I can catch them, yeah. But I got an Elmer Fudd thing going on lately.

However you do it, climbing places is bitchin'.

*a bunch of awesome rad pics*

Nice, man - I didn't take pics this weekend because I don't have a camera that can be operated with gloves on, and I was in -15degree + high winds at the last three belays and even if we had all had cared about photos more than getting somewhere where we could feel all of our extremities again, it would have been pretty dangerous to take off the gloves in that environment. Basically the background looked pretty similar to the pics I posted last week though - just the other side of Crawford notch... except the ones with my face in them would have shown the 3 inch long icicles in my beard. The climbing was rad, but the descent was insane - this really steep part of the AT that we literally slid down on our butts halfway, glissaded the other half.
Logged
[expletive deleted]
Pages: 1 ... 834 835 [836] 837 838 ... 878   Go Up