Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: 1 ... 836 837 [838] 839 840 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1341614 times)

0 Members and 217 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12555 on: February 03, 2013, 09:17:13 pm »

Thanks, that is a movie that I love. I wish I could pull off that level of aggressively not giving a fuck.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12556 on: February 03, 2013, 10:00:05 pm »

Yesterday I had a birthday party for myself and my BFF/co-worker at the board game store. We had about 30 people attend, mostly store regulars but a few people from real life too. It was a very laid-back time of various gaming activities and it was probably the most fun birthday-related social event I have ever had.

I don't like being the center of attention and this was just right -- there was about 90 seconds where BFF & I were sharing the spotlight while people sang Happy Birthday and we blew out our candles, and the whole rest of the night was about board games and cake.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12557 on: February 04, 2013, 03:06:48 pm »

I don't remember doing it...but I might have hidden it during The Troubles.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12558 on: February 04, 2013, 07:10:40 pm »

My version of a Super Bowl pre-game party:



Yes!!!
Logged
[expletive deleted]

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12559 on: February 05, 2013, 10:26:27 pm »

Well, I guess today I became a Block Captain for my block of my neighborhood. I sent an email asking what the position entails, and got a response telling me the neighborhood association really appreciates me stepping up to the plate for this vital position.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12560 on: February 06, 2013, 01:21:34 am »

All your practice cockblocking yourself will make you a  superb block captain.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12561 on: February 06, 2013, 09:19:19 am »

I laughed
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12562 on: February 09, 2013, 05:14:49 pm »

Being a "Block Captain" is the most inev thing I have ever heard of.

For you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xetonjc3M8
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12563 on: February 09, 2013, 06:24:05 pm »

Today at work my clientele mostly consists of people so drunk they can't keep the drool on the inside. MARDI GRAS!

So not in the mood. Chugging DayQuil and wearing too many layers.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12564 on: February 11, 2013, 07:09:19 pm »

New Orleans is so full that they are backing up the Mississippi?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12565 on: February 11, 2013, 09:18:08 pm »

 Mardi gras is huge here, it feels like the whole city shuts down. The old French neighborhood south of downtown is packe wall to wall with ugly drunk people. The whole middle-south corridor looks like a zombie movie, with drunk packs staggering along the sidewalk.

It is a totally fake tradition started by anheuser-Busch in the last 20 or 30 years. But it is a big deal.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 09:27:01 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12566 on: February 11, 2013, 09:33:02 pm »

It is a totally fake tradition started by anheuser-Busch in the last 20 or 30 years. But it is a big deal.

Galveston's Mardi Gras tradition is even younger, but they've really got the drunken mob aspect down.

My favorite part of that video is the American flag proudly waving throughout the entire melee.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12567 on: February 13, 2013, 12:00:50 am »

TIG be mistaken for Dudley "Booger" Dawson from Revenge of the Nerds.  By my dad.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12568 on: February 13, 2013, 08:38:47 pm »

I spent the majority of Fat Tuesday nursing a hangover. There was a work sponsored bowling party at the elks lodge Monday night. I started drinking at 5 when I got off and went hard till they kicked us out at 2.

Today I am skiing some beautifully fresh snow and celebrating every life choice that has led to this moment.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12569 on: February 13, 2013, 08:51:32 pm »

...celebrate Hash Wednesday!
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 ... 836 837 [838] 839 840 ... 878   Go Up