Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: 1 ... 842 843 [844] 845 846 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342193 times)

0 Members and 147 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12645 on: February 26, 2013, 05:33:08 pm »

I just imagined him coming home to find them burning in a trash can in the nursery. Smells turns around, a crazed look in her eye, and screams BABY NEEDS WARMTH
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12646 on: February 26, 2013, 06:03:06 pm »

Ha! 

Meanwhile, I have made a nice pile of all the hole-y, torn or perminantly stained things and asked him to look them over.  I didn't even throw out that one, electric blue, button up polyester "manga guy with sword" shirt that I hate so much.  It's the only thing of his I can't tolerate, the rest, even his Chris Farley shirt, is none of my business.  He can wear what he wants.  But the manga guy shirt... it's just embarassing.  And he doesn't even like manga and has no idea who the guy on the shirt is.  I once tried to rip it off him during foreplay.  I thought I had finally found an excuse, but the buttons and poly are unfortunatly strong. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12647 on: February 26, 2013, 06:25:08 pm »

Yesterday I realized that I think I have reached my ideal level of cooking ability for my current lifestyle. I can look at a recipe and understand it, and generally have an idea of how to combine recipes, or look at a recipe and make it a little more ____. Yesterday I made shredded chicken tacos with the stuff we had around the house plus a can of tomato sauce, and I pretty much feel like a whiz. Now I'm eating a bomb-ass chicken salad sandwich made from the extra shredded chicken. I am pretty much living the good life.

On the other hand, I think I just found un poopie de ratoncito. Uh oh.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 07:09:33 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12648 on: February 26, 2013, 06:35:54 pm »

worst filter ever
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12649 on: February 26, 2013, 06:55:18 pm »



On the other hand, I think I just found a c*ck poop. Uh oh.

See a doctor.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12650 on: February 28, 2013, 11:54:49 pm »

TIG meet Charlotte Durif at the climbing gym, be too starstruck to say anything at all to her, and work out as normal for 4 hours.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12651 on: March 01, 2013, 02:32:55 am »

Running into people who are celebrities to a (relatively small?) subculture is really weird. This happens to me with members of weird bands.

The best, though, was when I realized a woman I was talking to had written one of my favorite linguistics articles. That was cool.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12652 on: March 01, 2013, 03:57:30 am »

TIG meet Charlotte Durif at the climbing gym, be too starstruck to say anything at all to her, and work out as normal for 4 hours.

4 hours?  That's a lot.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12653 on: March 01, 2013, 07:25:41 pm »

It sounds like a lot, but when your work out is also your fun time, it really isn't such a large amount of time. I would never be able to spend 4 hours working out in a regular gym. I can see myself playing videogames for four hours, easy. I have the endurance to excercise for four hours, so why not? Because gyms are boring. A climbing gym, however, is much like a videogame. I could probably also spend 4 hours in a place like this, if they had it in my area.

Logged
[expletive deleted]

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12654 on: March 01, 2013, 07:54:16 pm »

I probably average about half that, and then I feel guilty about being self-absorbed because I spend too much time exercising.

Then I go bury my shirt in the backyard.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12655 on: March 01, 2013, 07:55:00 pm »

Amen. 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12656 on: March 01, 2013, 08:48:11 pm »

Think of it as making it less likely your kids will have to change your diapers as you age. You're working out so they won't have a decrepit dad. Really, it's a selfless act.

Something in my life (drumming? Carrying shit at work? Neither of these seems sufficient) is making me gain upper body mass, and suddenly I get it. Having muscles just feels good. Maybe some angel is watching over me and directing testosterone to my muscles, instead of to my face/chest/back hair.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 11:06:37 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12657 on: March 01, 2013, 09:47:07 pm »

TIG get our agency's yearly supply of 1600 condoms delivered to me in a "Urinary Collection Product" box.  I order from a medical supply company.  For some reason, the front reception lady assumed it was a box of personal medical supplies for me.  She didn't tell me this, but discreetly hid the box in a storage closet and called to say there was a box up front for me.  I asked her to have someone else bring it to my desk "because I'm in no condition to carry it down myself."  I don't think she knows I'm pregnant, as we almost never come in direct contact with each other at the office, so no doubt I only further reinforced her odd thought. 

Considering how this pregnancy's been going, give it a couple weeks and I just might need to have collostemy bags delivered right to my desk at work.

Anyway, I unpacked the condoms and kept the box to use for when I pack up for mat. leave.  Urinary collection devices are shipped in sturdy boxes!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12658 on: March 02, 2013, 07:40:16 am »

Tonight we didn't have milk, so I ate my honey bunches of oats with vanilla and chocolate ice cream. Once it had melted a little and coated the flakes it tasted like frozen "puppy chow." So, so good.

Sometimes I find myself sitting on my busted couch, kind of drunk, eating cereal at 2 AM, watching the Super Smash Brothers 64 intro video cycle on our tv, and I feel like a ridiculous stereotype.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12659 on: March 03, 2013, 08:33:25 pm »

TIG have some people over to watch a movie. They are a couple of guys I met at work. It's the first time I've spent time socially with people I met at my job in....ever.

I'm pretty nervous about it. I'm coping with this anxiety by cleaning my house thoroughly.

Usually I can forget that I am totally awkward in social situations, but every now and then I find myself in a circumstance that makes me want to lock myself in my room and hide under the blankets.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 842 843 [844] 845 846 ... 878   Go Up