TIG go to a gourmet burger place and pay $20 for a burger, small salad and diet coke (in a glass bottle naturally). It was very good, but I know about a half dozen blue collar greasy spoon places that do it just as well (or better) for a quarter of the price. I'm thinking the extra $15 was to cover the rent in the hip location the place was in. I was actually relieved the young lady I was supposed to be meeting stood me up, cause $40 for a couple of burgers and sides is wrong.
Day off equals spa day: mani, pedi, facial, the aforementioned over priced yummies, a pit stop at home to plug in the slow cooker lamb leg, then out again to buy an over priced diaper bag, then back here to prep the endive sauces and chill out.
Also we are getting that storm that I guess is headed to wombat next. We had a small taste of spring here for a week or so, and now it's blizzard time again. I'm gonna foolishly head out into it again. It's stupid how Manitobans llose their shit when it comes to driving in this weather. Come on people, we get winter for 6 months of the year, every year. Why have you not figured out how to deal?