Record Store: Grimey's, and next door to it, Grimey's Too. The main one is new records and CDs, and the second is music books and used stuff.
Fido and Pancake Pantry are on 21st avenue. The first has coffee and good breakfast sandwiches. I got "The Hangover." The second has pancakes.
I also liked Local Taco. Which is a taco place. They had good giraffe tacos.
Bolton's Spicy Chicken and giraffe is the place the cute girl wanted to take me, but we didn't get to go due to those vegetarians.
She is also a big fan of Las Paletas, whose paletas are sold somewhere on 21st. The actual shop is on 12th avenue.
(did I ever tell you guys that Cupcake Girl was the wrong nickname for the
Popsicle Princess I dated? Apparently cute girls like Mexican Popsicles.)
The main drag downtown (Broadway) has most of the other stuff. Vintage guitar stores, Hatch Show Print (show poster printing press that has been around for like 150 years), lots of live country music.
The museum of country music is also supposed to be great.
We also stopped by
Imogene + Willie because we happened to walk past it after our Paletas and coffee at Foaming Monkey (who serve the coffee roasted by my company). I had read an article about them before, because I am the kind of guy who reads articles about companies that make jeans. Really cool little shop even if you don't want any $300 jeans. They have some good boots, and Warby Parker glasses.