Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Dude abides.

Pages: 1 ... 849 850 [851] 852 853 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342686 times)

0 Members and 187 Guests are viewing this topic.

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12750 on: March 15, 2013, 05:52:20 pm »

OH MY GOODNESS I COMPLETELY MISSED IT!


Yeeeeeaaaaah. I wasn't going to mention that. That doesn't really need mentioning.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12751 on: March 16, 2013, 02:30:31 am »

I guess we're going to have to take a raincheck.  ;)
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12752 on: March 16, 2013, 02:54:34 am »

Man up and go suck that dick.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12753 on: March 16, 2013, 07:36:56 am »

A month ago, I ordered sneakers online from China. Yesterday, they were in Hazelwood Missouri, which is a short drive from my house, at a USPS sorting facility. Today, they are in Virginia at a USPS sorting facility. Is this why our postal service is bankrupt?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12754 on: March 16, 2013, 12:46:33 pm »

Is this why our postal service is bankrupt?

No.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12755 on: March 16, 2013, 06:32:35 pm »

damn, I thought I figured it out.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12756 on: March 17, 2013, 04:12:56 am »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12757 on: March 18, 2013, 06:53:45 am »

I am trying to read some really amazing Wikipedia articles to understand polyrhythms but they are so far over my head. Way too cool.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12758 on: March 18, 2013, 08:48:47 pm »

Sorry, forgot the link.

I've been moving mail directly to the recycle bin without looking at it, except to check for handwritten notes from elderly family members and wedding invitations from people who think that that is a tradition. I get about 10 pieces of mail I open per year, and I get about 20 pieces of mail per day. 
Logged
[expletive deleted]

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12759 on: March 18, 2013, 10:38:27 pm »

A nice customer at work tried to poach me away to work at a swanky new coffee joint she is opening. Unfortunately it would only be part time. Still, flattering.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

nephilim8

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 31
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12760 on: March 19, 2013, 03:13:26 am »

I am trying to read some really amazing Wikipedia articles to understand polyrhythms but they are so far over my head. Way too cool.

The best example I can think of off the top of my head is this video, specifically between :43 and :52 .
#####in' a
Logged

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12761 on: March 20, 2013, 07:21:00 pm »

Sunday I led Hitchcock gully on mt Willard. Scariest mixed climbing I've ever done. I'm officially Scottish now. Ben Nevis, here I come!
Logged
[expletive deleted]

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12762 on: March 27, 2013, 04:59:27 pm »

Bioshock: Infinite is really stressing me out. So much racism. So fun and overwhelming.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12763 on: March 27, 2013, 10:38:10 pm »

It really is quite excellent. I came off a night shift yesterday, slept while it downloaded then woke up and played till 4am. I'd almost certainly be sitting here all day in my underwear doing the same except I've promised to take my Nana out to lunch.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12764 on: March 27, 2013, 11:05:21 pm »

I am trying to decide whether I would call it "fun." The fighting parts are fun but stressful because I am awful at shooting games. But the storyline does not feel "fun." There was a moment early on where something gets sprung on you that made me have to walk out of the room for a minute. Which is not something a game has made me feel before. I am incredibly impressed.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 849 850 [851] 852 853 ... 878   Go Up