Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: 1 ... 860 861 [862] 863 864 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1343840 times)

0 Members and 182 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12915 on: May 02, 2013, 01:10:19 pm »

that's OK, I'm sure they don't think too highly of adults who wear video game t-shirts.

The other day I bought a band t-shirt for the first time in a while. It felt good.

I find it hilarious when the dress code for a bar or event is "dress to impress" or similar. Because when I am single and looking I bust out my favorite printed t-shirts. That Dinosaur Comics shirt that's light blue with T-Rex holding a giant mass of balloons? Chick. Magnet.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12916 on: May 02, 2013, 01:24:55 pm »

True that. It's all about who you're trying to impress.

I mean, the thing I wear to work that gets me the absolute most compliments, hands down, is my Starfleet uniform.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12917 on: May 02, 2013, 04:16:54 pm »

The Tech Staff was wearing this shirt this past weekend and two women in different places commented on it.
http://store.xkcd.com/products/i-know-regular-expressions
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12918 on: May 02, 2013, 06:06:04 pm »

Yeah, I am pretty sure babes will be falling all over me when I wear my The Men shirt. Although my usual uniform (plaid shirt and skinny jeans) probably sends an almost identical message. But without providing the opportunity for conversation!


The other day I saw a cute customer who always kind of... lingers... at a local political event. I am pretty mad at myself, because I turned away to come up with something to say to her, and when I looked back she was gone.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12919 on: May 02, 2013, 06:17:07 pm »

When I'm trying to impress women I always go for the button downs. Maybe this is cyclical logic, but multiple exes have specified one buttondown or another as their favorite of my shirts. Maybe I need to stop dating button down likers. Maybe I need a girl who digs R1 hoodies...

Inevitable you need a default thing to say to just anyone to start a conversation, then you can think about 'something to say to a girl' while you're talking to her about that default thing. You're trying to skip a step. The default thing doesn't have to be a pickup line, it can be about the weather or a kind of cookie you like.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12920 on: May 02, 2013, 07:27:51 pm »

I guess you guys inspired me. I bought three new t-shirts and a hoodie today.

I wanted a Star Wars shirt for May the 4th (get it?) because we're hosting an X-Wing Minis tournament at the store and I wanted something special to wear. They didn't have any tees I liked but they have this awesome Princess Leia costume-hoodie with cinnamon buns on the hood But Hot Topic was having a BOGO 1/2 off sale so I had to find something else to buy, and then of course I found two other things and had to find a fourth. So I got these:

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/All/Combinednomusic//Zombies+Outrun+You+T-Shirt-356283.jsp
http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/All/Combinednomusic//My+Little+Pony+Dr.+Whooves+Cover+T-Shirt-302094.jsp
http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Apparel/TShirts/Graphic//Doctor+Who+Allons-y+Girls+T-Shirt-114584.jsp

I really did not need any additional Dr. Who-related merchandise but...dammit, I wanted one with Tennant's face on it before they stop making them, and the Dr. Whooves one was just too beautiful to pass up.

And, I mean. Come on. The zombies one is just plain inspirational, given my training regimen.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12921 on: May 02, 2013, 07:54:37 pm »

I guess you guys inspired me. I bought three new t-shirts and a hoodie today.

Haha. I got this number this morning: http://www.american-giant.com/mens-heavyweight-full-zip-hooded-sweatshirt.html Built like a tank.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12922 on: May 02, 2013, 08:27:50 pm »

Damn, I want one of those. Supposed to be the Best Ever Made.

Today I am trying to make Chicken Fried Steak again, and I'm starting to think the problem isn't me, it's just that chicken fried steak is gross. I need to find somewhere around here to try the genuine article.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12923 on: May 02, 2013, 08:29:43 pm »

Is it nice? Seems pricy for a cotton garment, but more often than not I am surprised at how worthwhile it is to spend a little extra for the nice version of clothing.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12924 on: May 02, 2013, 09:05:51 pm »

Yeah it is pretty solid. I mean, on the one hand I feel like I could get away with doing a lot in it/to it/with it, but I'm less than motivated to torture an $80 hoodie.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12925 on: May 02, 2013, 09:10:50 pm »

OK, I take it back. This chicken-fried steak tastes delicious, it just looks awful. I need to work on my breading technique.

I hope whoever I marry likes to cook healthy food. If it's up to me, our kids are gonna end up fat as all hell.

This is pretty great considering my tenderizing technique was "wrap it in saran wrap and beat the shit out of it with an actual hammer, then poke it with a fork a bunch."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12926 on: May 02, 2013, 09:40:03 pm »

On the bright side, the fact that your job makes you cuss means you care about it and how things are done. Which means it isn't a total waste of your time, and is somewhere on the spectrum of 'good' jobs.



I also go on a long overdue holiday tomorrow. FUCKYEAH
Logged
[expletive deleted]

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12927 on: May 02, 2013, 10:15:30 pm »

oh right i forgot to mention that i spent last weekend on vacation at the beach for my first-ever actual spring break kind of thing. too many drunken nights, so friggin' many bikinis.

and now i've done that and i don't ever have to do it again. glad to see it bucket-listed.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12928 on: May 03, 2013, 06:19:23 pm »

Am finally living alone (40m2 space, no living room, just bedroom, bathroom and kitchen). Kinda pricey, too (it's in Copacabana), so I'll try to get some freelance translation gigs on the side to help with the finances. But man, does it feel good to come home to silence and darkness. So today's plans are just... arriving home early, working out, then have pretend dinner (trying to cut down on some calories), then hammer away at the old keyboard (trying to finish a play). There might be booze & jays involved.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12929 on: May 03, 2013, 07:16:03 pm »

Congrats man, I just found out I am staying where I am for a year, so that gives me another year to live a magical life that I did not earn in any way before the inevitable comes.

Oh, also, we just say j's.  not jay's, just fyi.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 ... 860 861 [862] 863 864 ... 878   Go Up