Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 861 862 [863] 864 865 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1344718 times)

0 Members and 137 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12930 on: May 03, 2013, 07:25:47 pm »

Am finally living alone (40m2 space, no living room, just bedroom, bathroom and kitchen). Kinda pricey, too (it's in Copacabana), so I'll try to get some freelance translation gigs on the side to help with the finances. But man, does it feel good to come home to silence and darkness. So today's plans are just... arriving home early, working out, then have pretend dinner (trying to cut down on some calories), then hammer away at the old keyboard (trying to finish a play). There might be booze & jays involved.
Be careful man. It took +2hrs from unpacking before things got weird living alone. I'm talking full on nude gourmet cooking blasting music you don't want anyone else to know you listen to.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12931 on: May 03, 2013, 07:34:34 pm »

Be careful man. It took +2hrs from unpacking before things got weird living alone. I'm talking full on nude gourmet cooking blasting music you don't want anyone else to know you listen to.

Fuck, man. Why you gotta live alone for that? When Pedro and I were first married we had a housemate, and he was a little weirded out the first time he came home and I was in the bathtub, up to my neck in bubbles, sipping white wine and blasting "Dazed and Confused" so loud it made the windows rattle.

In retrospect, I probably should have closed the bathroom door, but what the fuck ever. He got over it...eventually.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12932 on: May 03, 2013, 07:39:32 pm »

Thanks for the headsup Keith!

Jeez guys now you done and got me all fired up for some drunken dangling dongle action (so far the "wackiest" thing that happened was a bottle of wine exploding in my face and adjacent wall because I was trying to open it without a corkscrew. Now the wall looks all abstract art and shit. Also I may or may not have been washing my "cutlery" with vodka [don't worry, it's undrinkable stuff] b/c I forgot to buy dish soap).
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 07:53:45 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12933 on: May 03, 2013, 08:00:12 pm »

Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12934 on: May 03, 2013, 08:09:50 pm »

I think 'compete in the established marketplace you pussy.' Is my favourite ache wood quote.


Edit: also just checked into a sweet B&B in Venice and went out for a quick dinner, nothing a amazing: a simple pizza with anchovies such as a man might eat, olives on the side and a glass of the house red with an espresso to follow. An excellent start though, made even better by costing only 12 euros.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 08:14:35 pm by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12935 on: May 03, 2013, 08:11:14 pm »

Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12936 on: May 03, 2013, 09:06:30 pm »

i was gonna say "the fuck if i don't say jays" and as usual the lady waterfield is fastest on the draw
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12937 on: May 03, 2013, 09:16:58 pm »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03312005

As soon as I posted I thought about that.  Dude takes liberty with words, sometimes it could be hell of wrong, at least compared to what people actually say.

So yeah, just if you are translating a book or something Deja, know it is j.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12938 on: May 03, 2013, 09:58:07 pm »

Am I losing my mind? What is the difference between "j" and "jay?" I say them the same.

It is starting to seem like we aren't gonna get a spring. It is alternating between being in the 40s, and the mid or upper 80s. Bullshit.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12939 on: May 03, 2013, 10:27:15 pm »

it's prescriptivism run rampant
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12940 on: May 03, 2013, 10:30:48 pm »

Oh there's no difference, just basketball shots and marihuana cigarettes are j's, people are named Jay.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 12:18:37 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12941 on: May 04, 2013, 03:59:08 am »

Oh there's no difference, just basketball shots and marihuana cigarettes are j's, people are named Jay.

Oh, marihuana cigarettes, yes, those are j's. Marijuana joints, however, are jays, just as cannabis cigars are jeighs and a ganja cigarillo is called a jough.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12942 on: May 04, 2013, 05:12:41 am »

There are not enough cans
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12943 on: May 04, 2013, 06:43:02 am »

I think Vicky is building a perpetual canning machine.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12944 on: May 04, 2013, 03:49:51 pm »

Saturday is a rugby day. So I submit to that grinder for the next 2 hours.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 ... 861 862 [863] 864 865 ... 878   Go Up