Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: 1 ... 862 863 [864] 865 866 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1343139 times)

0 Members and 193 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12945 on: May 04, 2013, 05:56:06 pm »

I can run a 40 in 4.6, toss pass a ball 70 meters, and move a 1500lb sled 10 meters all by lonesome. I can punt a ball to touch with okay accuracy.  I learned these things today. Tonight: monkey suit and illumanati dinner (free food at the masons lodge). http://www.scribd.com/doc/139451445/SCN-0001 Don't judge me.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 08:15:36 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12946 on: May 05, 2013, 10:56:16 pm »

Do any of you guys own a stovetop espresso maker/ Moka Pot?

I am thinking of getting a friend one as a graduation present, and I have no idea whether to go for a one-serving size, or something bigger. Small is probably safest, right? I think of coffee as a social drink, but I think this woman might be more of an every-morning type.

Is it something you use all the time, or is it too time-consuming or complicated?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 11:03:50 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12947 on: May 06, 2013, 12:05:06 am »

What was I doing online before I found this leftist anthropology grad student who tweets photos of her butt?

Like, she will literally post a photo of cultural theory texts resting on her bare thighs. What the fuck.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12948 on: May 06, 2013, 08:15:09 am »

I used to have one before I left it on the stove with no water in and the handle melted off.
That aside, mine was smaller and I found it was difficult to set to a temperature that would make the coffee in a timely manner but wouldn't cause the top compartment to boil and, in my mind at least, affect the flavour. I always wondered if having a bigger pot would make it easier.
That said I had a pretty cantankerous stove and was the guy who is so incompetent melted the handle off the pot, so grain of salt I guess.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12949 on: May 07, 2013, 07:41:01 am »

Today I'm gonna be reminded that even if you've got an hour to do a half hour task you should never hit snooze. Especially if your plans rely on anyone else. I feel I've become a little more Ash today.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12950 on: May 07, 2013, 05:04:40 pm »

... Get this little furball. . I hope to do good by this little feller. HELP ME NAME HIM!
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12951 on: May 07, 2013, 05:18:57 pm »

Snowball.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12952 on: May 07, 2013, 06:07:14 pm »

Duh, it's obvious. RAY.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12953 on: May 07, 2013, 06:32:20 pm »

Cassandra
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12954 on: May 07, 2013, 07:23:10 pm »

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12955 on: May 07, 2013, 07:46:33 pm »

Thanks fpr the ideas, figments! I'm actually a little nervous (seems like such an adult step, having living entities entrusted to your care).
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12956 on: May 07, 2013, 09:15:51 pm »

Was yesterday National Loose Gas Cap Day? Because I got a check engine light and the same code too.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12957 on: May 08, 2013, 01:16:22 am »

The division of the household into Wombat and Technical Staff made me have the sexist thought, "I'm sure she means Technical Staff checked the engine code."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12958 on: May 08, 2013, 02:16:07 am »

You are in fact correct.

We do have what looks like a sexist division of labor for a lot of things, but most of it can also be interpreted as him being the technical side and I'm the creative side. So that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12959 on: May 08, 2013, 02:23:27 am »

You made the joke my dad would make, so as far as I can tell it is all kinds of crazy gender role distribution over there.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 862 863 [864] 865 866 ... 878   Go Up